So when will the construction sites in Hossin actually be constructed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prodo123, May 14, 2015.

1. prodo123

I hate Hossin. Not because of the swamps and the convoluted base structure, but because of its lack of diversity. Most of the "Construction Site" bases are literally copy pasted bases, with the exception of Lambda. There's also other offenders to this list: Mossridge Command, Takkon Storage, and Eastern Substation. Please add some diversity to the bases on Hossin.
  2. _itg

At least the construction sites are decent bases. I'd take a dozen cookie cutter construction sites over some of the nasty little hovels on Indar. But yeah, it would be nice if the devs finished replacing them.
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

This sameness is one of the reasons I don't personally like Hossin, that and the relative lack of scope for combined arms battles compared to the other continents. The ones I think OP is talking about seem to encourage a very straight "advance towards head on conflict" battle too. Anything remotely interesting to me happens underneath them or on either side and it is a ***** trying to get back up to the base itself (no, I don't play LA much). This is all just personal opinion, not a design criticism. I guess there are players who like Hossin for exactly the same reasons I don't like it.
  4. prodo123

No, they're not. The sheer number of them limit the strategic freedom that you have in other continents. With bases on Indar, you have a number of options to go about a base, each with its own advantage. You don't feel it as much, however, since it is the oldest continent in the game and people have already worked out the best ways to hit bases.

With construction sites, it's always plant Sunderer in the rear (or side stairs), climb up stairs, push to the second building and wait 4 minutes. The infantry push is linear. Galaxy drops don't work as well because there is a roof from which you cannot climb back up (compare with NC Arsenal, which has lifts that go both ways). Armor push does not work because everything is on the 2nd floor, inaccessible by an armor column save the elite drivers that can defy gravity and push forward without worry.

The Crown is big and diverse enough to afford very, very many ways to hit points. Same goes for Howling Pass, Indar Ex, Quartz Ridge and Crimson Bluff. The only base which truly restricts your options on Indar is good old Scarred Mesa.
  5. _itg

It's funny, most of the bases you mentioned are nearly uncapturable. Having six different ways to bash your head against a wall doesn't change the fact you're going to get a serious headache.
    • Up x 1
  6. 00000000000000000000

Not only are they boring as sin but due to their placement on the map they are constantly fought over. While more interesting bases (like those next to the warpgates) are never fought over.
    • Up x 1
  7. prodo123

Hard to capture, yes, but they're also fun because they're hard to capture. Each offer a very different experience, each a challenge of your team's wit, strategy and skill. To offer this is the crux of base design.

Let's say you're looking for a flat in NYC. You see hundreds of skyscrapers, each of them unique, special and offering a different perspective on the city. But they're also enormously expensive to rent a place in. Take a drive down to Bay Ridge in Brooklyn; all the houses look boring and identical, but they're magnitudes cheaper.
  8. Lord_Avatar

The Construction Sites were left untouched due to popular demand. There were more of them, but the playerbase suggested that some should stay in their current form and no longer be considered placeholders.