So when can we expect to have the HUD fixed?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hatamoto, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Hatamoto

I would like to run with the HUD enabled without it affecting fps and mouse smoothness in heavy combat please, i would like a dev response on what is being done about it. When the game goes down to 40 fps this is the factor that makes it an unsmooth experience, in fact its a night and day difference between it enabled and disabled. Now whenever you put in an "optimization" next time, please make this a priority or just draw the thing in paint, i dont care at this point.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kitsune94

Many people complain about performance issues when the fps drops or isn't at 100+ but what is it really? There is only a 10% difference to the human eye between 30 fps and 60 fps. And even though the game displays 100+ fps its really the same as 60fps. General use monitors often cap at 55hz which would be 55 fps max despite the displayed 150+, More general gaming monitors are anywhere in 65hz, 70hz, 72hz, 75hz, 80hz and rarely you'll see one above that. The majority of people just see a number and take it as 'oh its not performing like it should' when in reality, there is no difference and its performing just fine. Now I do agree that the hud could be optimized, perhaps rendered directly using the directx draw functions or the rendering of sprites instead of Scaleform/flash, but it shouldn't be the highest of priorities.
  3. Hatamoto

regarding the first 5 lines of text you wrote, it has nothing to do with what im talking about ... and i highly disagree with the last line.
  4. Mauller

something that i came across more recently is that just a pure fps count is not directly proportional to the playability or perceived performance of the game at that framerate.

its to do with frame rendering latency, you could have 29 fast frames rendered and 1 very slow frame that your graphics hitches on which causes stuttering visually, an fps counter will display 30fps but the visible performance is bad if the slow frames repeat.
  5. Kitsune94

Nvm. Was gonna post something, but i'll refrain and let someone else.
  6. Hatamoto

Im hearing circus music again ... i give up
  7. Hatamoto

So is it possible to get a dev response on wether this issue is being looked into for january?
  8. olievlekje

Starting to feel the only optimization they are working on is their cash shop :(
    • Up x 1
  9. Hatamoto

This is from the steam community, why this isnt getting more serious attention ill never know .. It affects everyone and yet no one seem to care;

Lastly, turning the HUD off can net you anywhere from 5-10 more frames per second. Swicthing from centralized to normal didnt seem to make a difference. I also only tested this on the useroprions.ini config, not with low in-game settings.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hatamoto

11. JustSe7en

I agree with OP. The HUD shouldn't cost us that many frames...
  12. XRIST0

FIX THE GOD DAMN HUD , IT IS SMOOTHER WITH IT DISABLED .

BUMP !
  13. Hatamoto

This is no small performance issue brushed off with a "hud will always eat some fps" comments .. It is real and makes a big difference in crowded areas. This will have to be in the january patch either way, so why not make the biggest optimization yet by fixing the HUD right now? It will definatly keep more people playing after they have experienced the difference.
    • Up x 1
  14. JustSe7en

Yeah, I don't know if I'll stick around til the end of January. I myself cannot play a game in which I get bad FPS. First of all, it puts you at a disadvantage, and second of all it's not fun watching a slideshow when you're supposed to be playing a game. SoE needs to fix their **** if they want to attract more players to the game.

Also, people saying in other threads... "well then just turn off the HUD and stop complaining.." If you turn off the HUD, you basically turn off everything. You can't see the menus if you try to bring them up, your ammo, your health, and i'm pretty sure if you die you can't see the spawn menu so it's hard to redeploy. Simply turning off the HUD doesn't really fix the problem.
  15. Hatamoto

Yeah this needs a higher priority, if a relatively simple thing like the hud cant be improved faster than this im not sure if i feel like funding this game any more
  16. Hatamoto

So with risk of repeating myself a rediculous amount, will the HUD be fixed for the january patch?
  17. Hatamoto

Is there anything that can be done about the HUD through the useroptions.ini file other than disabling it? Since this seems to be a too complicated issue to permanently fix ill just have to do my own tweaking?
  18. WeEdNL

I hate to say it, but I don't think they will ever fix this, it's probably on the bottom of a big pile of bugs to fix and in the end it will be forgotten.

I rarely play tanks because of this.

Too bad they turned this game into a "rip off the people" game.
  19. Hatamoto

It will not be forgotten because i will keep mentioning it until its taken seriously ... Being a paying customer this is something i expect from SOE, to be listened to and taken seriously. I EXPECT this SOE, i want value for my money and this is 100% tied to my gaming experience.
  20. XRIST0

I have also thrown $50 toward this game , makes me sad to see the small things not fixed .

Let alone all the bugs , glitches and hackers .

Dont let this game die , JUST FIX IT !

There is a noticable increase in smoothness once you turn the HUD off in crowded areas , this has to be optimized please .