So, when are you Dev gonna hit LMG tuning on live server?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NCstandsforNukaCola, Aug 31, 2015.

1. NCstandsforNukaCola

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fun-statistcis-about-cqc-lmg.230591/

As you can see, the directive lmg outkilled the existing weapon with ease.

Some vanu say VS are better than other factions, but it seems not.
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=301001&weapon2=301002&weapon3=301003d

Having firepower(143dmg/750rpm), mobility(0.75x move), and durability(heavy shield) at the same time is broken balance.
    What is fun anyway if you have to fight against VS heavy only carrying Orion, SVA88 or battlegoose?
    It hurts class / weapon diversity of VS right now.
    You gotta fix this.
    • Up x 2
  2. Devildjinn

When i first started playing, i thought vanu only had those 3 weapons, because thats all that ever killed me.
    Anyway, isnt there like a million other threads about this?
    Why has no one mentioned that VS has native night camo? We gotta buy that sh*t!!!!
    Sorry, ignore me, jumping on the bash vs bandwagon.
  3. Zombo

yeah, i don't really see your problem

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kph&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7254
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kph&weapon1=7276&weapon2=7236&weapon3=7254

the only VS LMG performing better than the Anchor is the Betelgeuse, which has extremely high KPU/KPH for some reason, SVA-88 and Orion do NOT need a nerf, or need to be buffed seriously when taken the 0.75 ADS trait

but nvm, if Orion and SVA-88 lose their 0.75 ADS and the TR and NC are still getting owned, guess who will be laughing

i hope some people leave from VS and join NC/TR when this happens, being in the overpop zerg is really boring after some time
  4. Collin

with the betel i can tell you why its OP as hell.

Unlimited AMMO, huge magazine size (if you shoot right), low reload time (mostly no existing), fast fire and no drop + 0,75 movement speed. Combine that with the medicpack expliod and it makes you nearly unkillable in small fights.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scorpion97

Plz tell me you are getting by Betelgeuse EVERY time
  6. Scorpion97

They have archived them,no changes coming any soon,deal with it!
  7. UberNoob1337101

I don't give a damn about 0.75 ADS anymore, since the 40 billion whine threads about it have really annoyed me and the constant debate caused me to have no opinion about it.

But I'm sad that the changes didn't make it trough, not because of the 0.75 ADS removal but because of the other beneficial changes that would make everyone happy, like VX29 Polaris/T16 Rhino/EM1 buffs, the Gauss SAW moving CoF buff, the T9A Butcher buff. Those things should've happened.
    • Up x 4
  8. Eternaloptimist

Orion (and eventually Battlegoose) is unusual in that it is a solid starter weapon that players are still using up to BR100. So it is good. But so is the person using it. You can't balance experience as it is specific to each individual. The nearest equivalent for TR would be if the directive weapon was a sidegrade of the MSW-R (which has SPA instead of 0.75 ADS). But they are all versions of the faction starter weapon and so they have its innate characteristics. Not sure what a good NC example would be but if you can hit sh*t with the SAW then I guess the GodSAW is in much the same leagues as the Battlegoose. What do people get after the SAW? It was the GD22S for me before I could afford the Anchor

The disappointing thing to me is that the BG has a unique feature relevant to the VS mark (technology) i.e. the heat mechanic. The other faction specific directive weapons just have a boring collection of the same attachments and functions that you can get on any number of other weapons
  9. Scr1nRusher

The changes were going to help everyone.

VS was going to have a better rounded arsenal, TR & NC's LMG's would get some loving........
  10. RadarX

While the changes have been archived this does not mean they will not be made. This just means they aren't on the immediate Roadmap.
    • Up x 5
  11. Ragnarox

Nerf Vanu camo, Nerf Orion, Nerf no bullet drop, nerf magrider, nerf zoe. Did I missed something else?
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

PPA, and the Aphelion even though it's not even out yet.
  13. CorporationUSA

Using medkits isn't an exploit.
    • Up x 1
  14. Villanuk

So are they going to happen or not in the near future, that's the question and answer which will i hope, end the on going debate on this Radar. We really do need confirmation either way and if its a not sure, maybe explain to the players what the concerns are. The better the feedback we get, the less speculative threads on the forums.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ghosty11

Magic 8 Ball says: "The future is unclear. Try again later."

:D
    • Up x 2
  16. Villanuk

I dread to think thats how they make their decisions :eek:
    • Up x 2
  17. ATRA_Wampa-One

Are the devs reevaluating the impact that the last round of proposed buffs had (specifically how the Flare is getting left out, the SVA-88 is getting a massive nerf, and the Orion was still a gimped MSW-R) and making more changes or are they leaving thing as they left them, which was only in a 1/2 completed state?
  18. Scr1nRusher

Look at the changes AS A WHOLE, and not through the Empire bias looking glass perspective.
  19. HadesR

TBH when that does raise it's head it will be more to do with the whole Vulcan / Vulcan based system needing looking at ...

Vulcan style vehicle vs vehicle DPS hasn't suddenly become balanced by adding more weapons that can do the same .. Just means more weapons are maybe unbalanced ...
    • Up x 3
  20. CMDante

Well that's always nice to hear, maybe some hope for buggies and other cool **** still.

Speaking of immediate roadmap though; we getting an update soon? Or nah?
    • Up x 1