So, what's new?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CommanderMacTavish, Jun 29, 2018.

1. CommanderMacTavish

Title says it all. Haven't played for a long while and interested if the game is still worth it. I've hears tuff about HIVE Removals. We will keep Construction though, and Orbital, right? And is it still used now, with HIVES gone?

Generally, I would appreciate it if anyone can give me a quick rundown on all the major changes please! Thanks!
  2. Luicanus

Personally, I think the latest update has been one of the best improvements for a while.

Hives are gone but OS can now shoot into lattice bases giving it infinitely more value than before, there is an argument that there need to be more controls becuase you occasionally get 3+ OS uplinks around one base which can cause issues.

Some argue for a return to before but I'm content to ignore those who refuse to seek a middle ground and quarantine an entire section of the game from the rest.

There has been quite a long chat in the thread "lattice base orbital strikes need to go..." Several people made good suggestions about how to mitigate the concerns of others. Your thoughts on them and suggestions for solutions would be very welcome.

Oh, there's a new artillery piece the Flail, similar to the Glaive. Neither can shoot into bases, they come up a few times in the chatter about OS and construction at large.