So What Should we call reverse Spawn Campers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NewSith, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ent|ty

Defenders trying to get out of spawn, that what you call them.

Instead of camping around a spawn like a cheapo, and then giving grief to players because they don't want to run out into your guns, how about we suggest a solution to the problem.

Put the cap point nearer to the spawn. That way you can fight your way back to the spawn, which you are doing now, except once you do and cap the flag at the spawn, the base flips immediately.

There, 2 problems solved.
    Eliminate spawn camping, eliminate trapped defenders, put the cap point at the spawn (since thats where the fight is anyway) and immediately flip the cap point to the attacker.
  2. deggy

KD Kooks.

Also, will someone please like something I post? I'm only ONE LIKE from my ForumSide Auraxium!
    • Up x 4
  3. Eclipson

Unhelpful
  4. Eclipson

Your welcome, can I have a cookie? :p
  5. HadesR

More sensible than those that run out 20 times into the barrels of 15 MBT's
  6. deggy

YAY! I'm inventing the technology to enable internet transmission of cookies now. You can see the result of your like in my signature :eek:
  7. St0mpy

I call them spawn hobbits, living in their cheap little camping hole never coming out till evicted by the timer.
    • Up x 1
  8. theholeyone

Bob...

...what? did you think there was a punchline?
  9. HadesR

Sounds like an immovable MBT
  10. Midnightmare

Van campers seeing as most spawn rooms are squared.
  11. Van Dax

Man I have an auraxium too! guess I'll put over here in my trophy case
    • Up x 1
  12. MykeMichail

Cowards.

I don't know how many times I've run back to spawn room with a slither of health and only 1 or 2 enemies left standing and defending the point, only to find 10+ guys sitting at spawn room doors peaking out.

Its really frustrating.
    • Up x 1
  13. JokeForgrim

Useless?

Lowest SPM players of all time?

I like to call them team players, They make this game fun! I love running past them all and killing 15-20 unaware enemy maybe a Max or 2 then capping a point back, I die and do it all again as the clock ticks down. Without them distracting the enemy zerg with their uselessness they might expect/see me coming. Thank you to all the useless people wasting their time hoping for a kill from safety, You enable me to go out there and live your dreams :D

Sure some backup would be nice after I break the spawn camp for them, but hey guess some people really fear death... Even with Resurrection Nanites.
    • Up x 1
  14. JokeForgrim

Don't forget the part where they accidentally shoot you as you try to retreat to said spawn room with 1-2 bars of health :p
    • Up x 1
  15. irewolf

'Spawn room warriors' or 'Spawn room heroes' is what I call em.
    • Up x 1
  16. uhlan

Cullers of the great noobsperience?

I don't know, but ANYONE that gets killed by a guy shooting out of the spawn deserves to die.

How hard is it to just defend the point? Or lay in wait out of sight of the spawn window?!

Apparently impossible.

Once that testosterone backs up into the noobdrive all bets are off and nooby-do goes screaming guns blazing into the shield like a 'squito at a giant bug-zapper.
  17. Sinoby

I'd call them people, that play the game in a way, that is allowed by game mechincs. Not many people care about actually defending outposts, some of them prefer to farm certs.
    I do it from te to time with phoenix, trying to kill sundies and esfs. If the spawn shield allow me to shoot outside with phoenix - why sjall I risk going outside and standing there?
    The real issue is not the fact, that people are npt trying to push out from the spawn. If you are getting spawn camped - go to nearby base, bring several sundies, some harassers and tanks and destroy attacker's spawn points. It is considerably more efficient, then feeding free certs to enemy by running outside of the spawn shield.
  18. yama

I don't know... but they are playing idiot-whack a mole.
  19. DJPenguin

Spawn camping is actually the proper definition for people who "camp" inside their spawn. Those who sit outside killing the people inside spawn rooms are Spawn Killers. For whatever reason over the years people have been using both names to describe the same thing.
    • Up x 1
  20. MonnyMoony

Its no more cowardly that sitting in an MBT right outside the door of the spawn room raining HEAT down as soon as you seen anything move near the door.

Cause and effect - defenders camp on one side of spawn shields because attackers are camped on the other. If the attacking force want the defenders to come out of the spawn room and put up a fight - they should fall back to a supporting position, rather than sitting on top of the spawn room

If the attackers have effectively blocked the exits with a firewall and are simply farming for XP - the people inside the spawn room may as well do the same and farm a few XP before the base flips. I'd rather farm than be farmed.

Personally - i'd call them sensible. Why give your enemy the chance to farm XP and get better weapons/equipment.
    • Up x 1