So wait, Beta players have to re-download the game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by a golden fishy, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Freyar

... over the notion that verifying old content like that may result in undesirable results? This question popped up in APBR when that was launched and using the OLD client wasn't a good idea either. It caused a lot of problems.

I'm just re-downloading in full via Steam.
  2. abstractconcept

Why would this be a problem? As long as files are checksummed prior to patching, there should be no way to corrupt any files. Although it would likely leave behind excess garbage since the patcher doesn't realize if any unnecessary beta-only files are still there.
  3. ArrosTrimere

I have a question.
    In previous patches during beta, the downloads for me at least were ALL unmetered (using Bigpond).
    My question is, for the actual game release, does this trend continue?

Even if it isn't, I have no problem downloading it again. I'd rather just get the whole thing then try to do some work around, which by the sounds of it, may or may not work, and if it does work, it might still course problems in future.
  4. CHEF

I deleted my old and downloaded the new and installed in 30 minutes. FYI
  5. ArrosTrimere

Nice, you've clearly got better networking then me :p
  6. mcm

What if you can't even uninstall the beta client? (See thread on 1001 error)
  7. Mutato SOE

8. Sparkatb

6.8gb is nothing these days to any gamer in any country with broadband...
    Everquest 2 was the same size on release day, same thing - had to delete beta files, that was 8 years ago!
    Some of you living in some African desert country or something?
  9. ChironV

LoL. Lazy American..
  10. Freyar

Bandwidth caps are becoming more common.
  11. Paxfounder

Wow, just no.