So, there I was, stood on this hill...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by andy_m, Feb 27, 2015.

1. andy_m

I had a bit of fun with my dual Ravens tonight. I wouldn't go so far as to say I was farming as I only managed twenty something kills in around sixty minutes. Some were by way of Sundy kills and there were a couple of tanks too, at something like 150 ~ 300 metres. Some were infantry kills too and I did get quite a few assists.

Thing is, I was expecting the Ravens to perform worse since the so-called nerf, but I'm not finding much of a difference, except that the range, as pointed out in the patch notes, is reduced slightly.

Only trouble is, after an hour of that I've got a bit of a Raven Headache...
  2. Prudentia

what else would you expect of such a minor nerf? there is a reason Bulletdrop doesn't matter, SPA is considered to be pretty much only postive and HVA only negativ...
    also:
    SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  3. HadesR

That's about the range they should be working so you might not notice much difference .. How are they at longer ranges 350-400m + compared to pre-patch ?
  4. andy_m

I've been using my waypoint marker to judge distance, and I reckon that over 350 metres we start to struggle to get the hit markers. Over 400 metres and I've stopped bothering, whereas before I could be sat up on that slope at TI Alloys, shooting down at Ceres Hydroponics and getting hit markers just inside the base. How far is that? I'll have to check.

You'll have to forgive me... I'm not one for facts and figures, just gut feeling...
  5. HadesR

Sounds about right then .. Their effective range is now within render distance .. Where as before it was further out
  6. andy_m

Okay... I thought I'd better nip into VR and try something out. It was a bit of a pain but eventually I found a spot where I could see a Prowler at 380 metres and a Harasser at 340 metres.

When I target the Prowler, I didn't even get a hit maker. When I switched to the Harasser I managed to hit it. From my vantage point I could not move back any further to see at what range I would stop hitting the Harasser (it went out of view).

So I am assuming that at anything over 350 metres is not worth bothering with, as that is the distance at which the Raven simply runs out of wire.

The nerf to splash damage is noticeable, in the amount of assists vs actual kills now, but having said that, I'm happy with that, seeing as it is an AV weapon, and you can still use it to hinder either an infantry or vehicle push.

I wish I could compare to the other faction MAX abilities in this area but I only play NC :(
  7. Rhumald

If you wiggle left and right with your max (any max), there's no recoil.

Have fun ;).
  8. Prudentia

i hate your sig... i want that base back :oops:
    • Up x 1
  9. Rhumald

It was such a flipping awesome little base. I miss it too!