So.... the Orion.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BigIronRanger, Sep 13, 2013.

1. BigIronRanger

So I just tried the Orion for the first time.... got 400 kills with the thing in 1 sitting with a 2.8 KPM, 29% accuracy and 13 K/D. My accuracy could be improved because I was still getting used to the recoil.

I have to tell you the weapon is borderline almost broken its got a 50 round clip with a fast reload and fires at 750 RPM with decent 143 damage and the recoil is easily manageable. You might say hey but wait its got a small clip its reload is so fast that, that doesn't even matter.

This gun is the only gun that i can use to take down 2 decent to above average Heavy assaults in a point blank 2v1 situation its just that deadly. TR heavies could hold their own but NC could barely manage against the beast.

No wonder i see so many good VS Heavies its not cause they're excellent players they're just B grade but their weapons let them be that good.

In all seriousness try the weapon out for yourselves its so damn good.

I would show some proof but im ashamed of my VS characters name it is meant to be a troll account, I would never play VS seriously they're just too scum like, I main an NC and have a TR alt.

edit: LOL to make matters worse its got a .75 movement multiplier.
    • Up x 21
  2. HooWoo

Is there any gun, any player or any faction you don't despise?

What the hell does a good player have to do to be good in your books? get auraxium with a beamer, enforcer modified and pounders? :eek:
    • Up x 4
  3. DuckSauce

"hey guys so I just went on [opposing faction] and picked up the starter gun with like, zero certs in it LOL and I killed everyone so easily, like, that gun is way OP and I got [MLG statz] without even trying but anyway I can't show you because [excuse]"

[IMG]
    • Up x 46
  4. Lucidius134

MSR-W and CARV what's up. Though to be fair the SVA-88 also inexplicably has a .75x movement modifier. I will never get that balance choice. Regardless.
  5. Rogueghost

MSR-W has nothing on the carv.
  6. Flashtirade

ITT: OP discovers that a CQC gun does well in CQC
    • Up x 13
  7. HooWoo

I just can't put down the beautiful 100 round mag :( my best killing weapon :D
  8. SmegForBrains2

Yeah VS is know as the EZ mode faction their heavies are just lucky they have such great weapons.
  9. Lucidius134

Adv Laser + SPA + 750 RPM = nothing special I guess.

ITT: people forgetting attachments tie into how weapons perform
  10. Rogueghost

Not saying the MSW-R is bad, I have my auraxium with it, its just nothing in the TR arsenal beats the carv as a general purpose lmg.
    • Up x 1
  11. Accuser

The Orion is almost certainly the best weapon in the game.
    The TR Medic's TAR is better than most other assault rifles, but not by so large a margin as the Orion is better than the other LMGs.
    • Up x 6
  12. then00b

This just in, guns kill people.
    • Up x 5
  13. Xae

Dude, you don't get it. He saw on a spreadsheet that they have similar values. Your non-spergsheet information is invalid.
  14. Rogueghost

See my above post, and I don't use spread sheets, I have my auraxium with all but 3 LMGs, and I'm working towards those 3 all well, my opinion on my weapons is based on personal experience using them.
  15. HerpTheDerp

It has SMADSCOF of 0.35, CARV has 0.4.

MSW-R is better.
  16. Van Dax

17. MaCritz

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  18. Axehilt

Eh, it's more than that. I still have yet to find an NC LMG which performs as well in base fights compared to the CARV and Orion. The EM6 comes closest (reasonable DPS, great damage per clip) but still isn't quite as reliable as the CARV/Orion, which have better sustained accuracy. The only NC weapon with reasonable sustained fire for finishing multiple enemies off has ****** DPS (EM1)
  19. Lucidius134

Because the NC don't have one. That's not their faction trait.
  20. Axehilt

Their faction trait is hitting hard. If hitting hard means more recoil, then a higher raw DPS is required in order to balance the actual DPS output achieved by burst-firing instead of going full-auto.

If recoil was even, DPS could be even.

But in neither case is it acceptable for NC to just lack a high DPS weapon.
    • Up x 3