So the last update killed the numbers. MERGE the 2 EU servers please

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OpolE, Dec 3, 2022.

1. OpolE

Dev's

You killed the numbers to the point where its 1 continent most of the day. Terrible - Merge the 2 EU servers finally.

Multiple flag captures should have been 1 LLU flag in the bottom depths of containment sites and a large distance to get the LLU to another base not 6-12 flags into a side room. Complete ignorance.

You dropped the burster distance by 1/3. Ruined some good dispersal moments.

You brought back the dreaded server lag issues and don't fix them in a timely manner.

We should be given partial refunds or DB cash for your repeated errors
    • Up x 1
  2. OpolE

I forgot to add the vehicles only accessible by walking to the console (Which was a Planetside 1 trait so I have to stick to my guns on the metagame being right there).
    But for PS2 people that killed it
  3. Somentine

Pretty sure it has everything to do with the servers being hot garbage, calm down.
  4. ShadowyN

This is like 99% of the reason I'm taking a break/not playing.
  5. Botji

You cant be enjoying the game much then, if all it took to stop you from playing was an additional 10-20 seconds of running to a console to get going.
  6. OpolE

PS2 bases its metagame off getting into the fight fast so they took a step back!
  7. Signaldooo

Drama queens screaming about the death of Planetside, game devs killings the player base etc. have been around for all of Planetisde 2's existence. We will be fine :)
  8. CalineLaBourrine

FXAA+TAA NO WORKS and lag server hit when you log = no enjoy to play !!!!!
  9. ShadowyN

Kinda, yeah. This latest patch is just the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Giving it a month or two to see if they revert it before unsubscribing.
  10. Liewec123

He's not wrong about CTF bases though, noone asked for CTF, the game didn't need CTF, CTF doesn't belong in this game.
    Currently CTF bases are uncappable without a zerg, and if they try to make it easier then it will likely tip over to those bases being indefensible.

It's a mechanic that belongs in little 8v8 games like halo.
    Only an idiot would try forcing CTF into PS2,
    but hey, we all know who is in charge.
    • Up x 2
  11. Botji

CTF bases are horrible, it didnt even take a full day after the patch before you notice the obvious aversion people have in attacking them since they are so easy to counter.

Only time I have seen a CTF base be captured is either if it was a complete ghost cap or a 80-90% 24-48 zerg sitting on it, while some other high importance base was being fought over by the defending faction. Otherwise its fairly common to see one of the larger outfits dump an equal 24-48+ pop on them to re-secure the base nearly instantly. The fact you only need to take 1-2 points for a few seconds to 100% reset the capture is beyond idiotic.. so they just mass swarm the points, secure them, reset the base and then leave again. Sometimes not even caring if there are still loads of enemies there to immediately start the capture again.

Because they can just return in 5 minutes or whatever before the base is taken and do it all over again to reset the base in a matter of seconds.

And thats not even touching on how stupid the 'backcap' is with these bases either which is something that can be used by the defenders to keep the base secure into near infinity.
    • Up x 1
  12. Yaesu

The number of people playing that game today, more importantly, the number of 'paying' members playing the game would disagree with you. Since the patch I've stopped playing as much. Between the spawn changes and THE LAG since the patch, it's gotten to where I don't even get on in the eves anymore. Seems to be the time the lag starts for me. Sure hope things change before my membership comes due.
  13. Botji

Isnt the lag much better now?
    I have not played a whole lot last weekend or this week(unrelated to patch) but I did play a little on Sunday I think it was and it seemed ok then.... though now that I think about it im not entirely sure it was during prime time.. hm.

Just not seen a whole lot of people complaining about it here or in the game so thought it was mostly 'fixed'.
  14. Yaesu

I'll have to get on tonight and see. I haven't been playing in the eves for a bit now because the game was basically unplayable for me. Like clockwork, shortly after 7pm, L A G. Mornings and early afternoons were fine. Also note it seemed to only happen on Amerish & Esamir. Had someone claim to a bunch of us, "it was our connections". Except, when the alert ended on Amerish and we headed to Indar, all was fine. No lag at all. Wasn't our connections. Hopefully today's patch goes off well, I'll try playing tonight.
  15. OpolE

Even quieter now. Re-bumping!
  16. AuricStarSand

Oh these were outdated replies I was reading. I thought ya'll were dissing this newest patch, was puzzled.

As I enjoy CTF a lot right now. & they returned vehicle terms to the map.

Everyone is use to CTF these days. I took over a month break. & When I returned, I was seeing such good teamwork with CTF. People were dropping the flag to try to kill others who followed them regularly, I never saw that before. People had bodyguards following them when they took the flag, making sure they were safe. & when I was a Infil for a 1-12 verse 48, I was entertained trying to steal the flag and delay the base. Was mission impossible. Big fights do have bases taken with the mode. So everythings good with CTF.

Hope the Europe pop gets better, I was viewing a Moukass video he filmed years ago, where he defended Impact Site with his NC outfit. That's his server.