So....its 2015....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Desann, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Desann

Roadmap?
    January?
    New content?
    What can we expect this year????

Anything besides that stupid "new-player" area.

Or is everyone too busy with PS4 this month to care about the PC version of this game?
    • Up x 2
  2. MasterDk78

yea roadmap is empty.. noticed that as well..
    maybe they dont give a darn anymore
    • Up x 1
  3. DashRendar

I saw a unicorn yesterday, anything is possible. #YOLO.
    • Up x 3
  4. BlueSkies

Smed said they are going to be concentrating on lag fixes, server fixes, bug fixes, etc before new content... so... roadmap might get updated sometime after PS2 launches on PS4 (and after the fix the launch bugs on PS4).
  5. Iridar51

It's a terrible world we live in, where bugs are expected in a freshly released game... in a game that was in beta for 3-4 years.
    • Up x 8
  6. Pikachu

All depending on the success of ps4. I still think we will get battle islands.
    • Up x 2
  7. CuteBeaver

I read somewhere that roadmaps just set them up to make false hopes for players since they were routinely unable to meet the deadlines. Everytime the roadmap changed people cried too. So now they just post the current project or something.
    • Up x 4
  8. Pikachu

I
    In 2014 thry mentioned how roadmap was suppossed to be so mu h more accurage. That they learned from 2013. Turned out well, not. Maybe in 2015 hry decide to not yave one at all yes.
    • Up x 1
  9. FieldMarshall

I stopped looking at the roadmap after they started randomly removing top voted things without explaining or saying anything.
    Judging from the comments here, it sounds like i saved myself from more dissapointment.
    • Up x 2
  10. Hicksimus

Maybe we'll get the Bastion this year!
  11. Desann

Well my sub renews on the 22nd. If there isnt new content i am canceling it! No monee for joooooo SOE
  12. NoctD

PS4 version... and the PC version will become 2nd fiddle.
    • Up x 2
  13. MichaelS

Feature freeze until PS4 release. At best.
    • Up x 1
  14. Leftconsin

22nd of January? if so, I can tell you right now that content is not coming before then. The dev team is working on improving game performance right now.
  15. Desann

Well then they will miss out on $15 for the period of 22Jan-until I decide to re-sub.

I don't pay money, no continue to pay money monthly, for NO NEW CONTENT. If they want a one and done game then charge $60 up front and leave it as is. Done.

And what performance? The game has performed fine for the past several months. They raised the min specs so that dinosaur computers can't complain about trying to play. And anyone with a halfway decent video card and processor can play at at least 30 frames.
  16. Xind

I don't think people should really give them complaints about the lack of Roadmap. We all want new features, but what the game needs vastly more is stability. The game is plagued with bugs and FPS/LAG issues. New content does NOTHING to alleviate what is among the top problems killing the game play. If they actually manage to solve problems and bring about a new era of functional FPS then they have absolutely earned additional money. If instead (which I do fear) they basically do nothing in the realm of fixes while also providing no new content, they will drive so many people away.
  17. Mitheledh

Doubtful. If they're doing this intelligently, then the bulk of the game data will be identical, differing only in those areas that are needed to make it run on the console. That would mean that when new content comes out on one, it would likely come out on both. With that in mind, remember that it is easier to patch the PC version than it is the console version because it does not have to go through the verification process. So, if it's all being done intelligently, I would expect that most of the testing and new features would appear on the PC version first. Then, once they are sure they are working well enough, they will be sent through the verification process to be patched into the PS4 version.
  18. Pikachu

I take the later part as doing regular patches but not working on any content, even though SOE wants it to sound like they are putting extra effort on patches.
  19. Taemien

26 month old game.

Most MMO's at this point are putting out their first or second expansion. That way they can draw in new and old players, as well as retain the current base. There wasn't anything announced at SOE Live, so I think its safe to say that what you see is what you get from this point on. We'll see new content here and there, some balance fixes, bug fixes, ect. But major things? Don't count on it.
  20. Pelojian

if they showed you the whole year roadmap people would complain that:

"their thing isn't on the roadmap"
    "their thing isn't near the top"
    "their thing isn't #1"
    "that thing they don't like is on the list"
    "that thing that is being worked on has been delayed because murphy's law."

they may as well stick to only showing what the current project is on the roadmap and hints to what else is on their internal roadmap to keep players guessing and formulating theories on what is coming next.

P.S this is not intended as a troll, merely being serious.