So is the "Try Before You Buy" in?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dornez, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dornez

Smed said it would be here. Can't log in at work, so I am curious to see if it made it.
  2. Flaccid

game is Free, there really is no "Try B4 u Buy"
  3. Losty

Yes, there is try before you buy on weapons, 30 mins trialtime and 8 hour cooldown.
    • Up x 2
  4. Cluzore

If you don'0t know what he's talking about don't make a useless post.
    At 60%, will tell you when it dls.
  5. DeathCow

Though one should note that ingame descriptions are just as useless as they were in beta.
  6. Dornez

Thank you.
  7. fallenvash

What happens if you are running around out in the battles when your 30 minutes expire?
  8. QuantumMechanic

Try for 30 mins with an 8 hour cooldown? I think that cooldown is a bit lenient actually. It could be longer. Or limit the total number of trials per day.

I can just see platoon leaders barking out, "OK EVERBODY TRIAL MCG NOW!". Not good...
  9. Wasdie

Brilliant idea.
  10. fallenvash

Actually if SoE is smart they will see that as a good thing. Their prices seem to imply otherwise though.....
    Anyway that is a diferent argument, the reason it is a good thing is that it something like that will encourage people to buy the item more. If everyone keeps using a certain weapon often in an outfit, then they are more likely to buy that item simply to avoid the inconvenience of the 8 hour timer.

Also think of it THIS way. How long will you be playing in a day? That timer might as well be 30 minutes for a single day when you consider the average realistic playing time, you might get lucky and get two uses a day out of it.
  11. dieMaus

However, at least it is here now. They where long silent about this so great it found its way in...
  12. Belacossa

You should note that you only get one weapon per 8 hours on any class and the limit is 30 mins. much better than in beta but certs still make such a big diffrence in weapon performance I am not sure how much it helps (at least it shows what yop can equip you r weapon)
  13. Shoopity

I personally have never heard a reason why there isn't a VR like in PS1. I know they've said they probably won't do it, but I don't know why not.
  14. WolfStar76

Just a stab in the dark - but it's likely because a VR environment is something that only really sees use when a game is new - and shifting dev resources to that instead of other things (like new continents and whatnot) doesn't deliver the same payoff as long-term long-use features.
  15. Shoopity

Hmm... possible...

But since we now have a pay model (real world money = weapons) and we CAN'T recert, they definitely need a way to try before you buy. I think this 30 minutes of use is a step in the right direction, but it's easily exploitable and can be slow going (I could potentially go through a week until I find a weapon I like since I can only 'test drive" one weapon every 8 hours). That's a week of them not having my money when they could've had it today if I could try every weapon.

I just wouldn't think putting in a dummy room where random AI-less characters spawn would be all that difficult (especially since it's been done before, it's not like they'd have to figure out how to do it)
  16. Dornez

Question, where is the try before you buy option on weapons? Been looking, can't find it.

EDIT: NVM you have to click unlock, at the very bottom is the try option
    • Up x 1
  17. Sorbek

Thanks for the info! I'd be looking for that when I got back from class and started to play around.