so i ve started playing NC again after few months playing TR and VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iDante, Jan 19, 2018.

1. iDante

how in the actucal **** can you guys kill anything with those ****** *** weapons/vehicles
    slow fire rate weps with crapton of recoil how the hell those 2 even mix
    flying brick reaver that just begs to get shotdown
    siting duck vanguard
    maxes that cant even push due to having only shotguns
    0 teamwork, every 1 is just all over the place

when i played VS and TR it almost felt like i have an aimbot or some sorts of cheats on they are so damn easy that i cant even express it, skill requirement difference between NC and other 2 factions is just insane

why even bother playing NC then when they have literally nothing to offer?
    • Up x 2
  2. JibbaJabba

Meh, you get used to it. You compensate.

Example:
    Reaver - Extended fuel tanks maximize your top afterburner speed. Pick your targets, use burners to get away if it turns into a hover fight.

Vanguard - Use the shield at the start of a charge. It gives everyone the "oh **** he's invulnerable and coming after me!" and they'll pack up to move instead of holding their position where they have the arc dialed in to hit you. You and I both know the shield isn't worth ****, but everyone else seems to think it's an iWin button. If you come across someone this doesn't work on, you're screwed.

Maxes - No, you can't push. Again, nobody knows that so take advantage. Push in with your shield up. For some reason this makes you a bullet magnet (dunno why, it truly is nearly invulnerable for the seconds that matter). Make sure your assaults are taking advantage of not being fired at and drop some folks. *keep moving* because *eventually* you'll get close enough to actually shoot something.

And the LMGs... Gauss SAW for example - leverage psychology yet again. The sucker hits *hard* when it hits and makes people put their heads down. You know the hit that you made was blind luck but they don't know that. Get them into a game of peekaboo at distance, then you can leverage that first shot accuracy to chip a few at the head.

I switch to my VS and TR guys periodically, but not for long. It feels like easy mode and I get used to it then I suffer like you are now when I come back.

Teamwork depends on the server and outfit. Switch if your guys suck.
    • Up x 5
  3. Oleker2

Most of the NC arsenal have a steeper learning curve for sure.
    All the 200 dmg guns are headshot or die with some burst control needed. And the other options kinda fall short when compared to other factions. Gaus SAW still one of the, if not the best, lmg in the game though.
  4. iDante

well its kinda sad how NC has nothing really to offer and can win only if they heavily outnumber enemy

anyway i kinda started enjoying NC hardmode atm hope they get revisit sometimes in the future to be on par with other 2 factions

TR and VS felt so easy that i got bored of them.
  5. iDante

i do pick vanu orion over saw anytime thou
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

But of course the other two factions you didn't want to play is easy mode and the one you want to play isn't. I mean, you're a mean lean killing machine so of course your picked the hard road. Oh yes, the other two factions simply bore you because they are so powerful and easy to master. Yes, indeed, you need a faction who pose a challenge befit the MLG ready pro you are. What luck this faction happened to be the one your prefer! Fortuitous happenstance!

In all seriousness, don't make threads/posts after a ragequit.
  7. Campagne

Well really he's not wrong.

The Reaver is a flying brick, the Vanguard is a sitting duck, and the ScatMAX needs to start in short range.
    • Up x 6
  8. boey

If you really want to have a challenge, go back to VS and start tanking. Get into a Magrider and fight against Prowlers and Vanguards.
  9. The Shady Engineer

Biggest change when going from TR/VS to NC is bursting. I know letting off the trigger is heresy of the highest order in the Republic but when it comes to NC weapons, which have good starting accuracy but high bloom per shot, bursting is the way to go. Stick to 2-5 round bursts depending on the range of the target.

Recoil on NC guns is actually a lot tamer than our cyclers. Yeah they recoil more per shot but the recoil kicks straight up, doesn't jerk as much thanks to a lower first shot recoil multiplier and when you factor in rate of fire, NC guns are easy to mange recoil-wise. Just make sure you use a compensator on your 200 damage rifles. Especially the SAW.
    • Up x 2
  10. chamks

la1 ancore has the best dps with the best acuracy lmg, with the +33% laser sight. its, in my opinion, and i have experience, the best all around lmg. like the mercenary.
  11. Eternaloptimist

I only play infantry so I'll confine myself to this - The EM1 is not a widely popular LMG but it has manageable recoil and is quite like TR and VS weapons. Worth a try unless you want to jump in the deep end and get up to speed with headshots, burst fire etc. right from the start

I find that most NC weapons work better at longer range than the CQC weapons for TR and VS. But then, EM1, Bandit and GD7F carbines and Carnage AR all have good RoF and reasonable stability.

But if you go down the road of adjusting your shooting style the GD22S is a decent LMG to start with for control-ability, before moving on to, say, the Anchor.
  12. csvfr

There are several reasons why I prefer to play NC, some of which have been mentioned. An important one though is the in-game voice, where NC is the only one that has a female voice. On the other two factions it just feels weird, like listening to a male secretary.
  13. FLHuk

Sure there's a lot of "faction x suits my play style" but I have to add.....

Playing NC and finding it suits you gives you the ability to post "Well if you have god like aim and can **** rainbows such as I do then....." :p
    • Up x 2
  14. pnkdth

1st point doesn't really tie in much with what he's ranting about (yes, I'm aware of the hitbox), 2nd point is a player issue, i.e. choosing to be a sitting duck, and the ScatMAX is also powerful up close (I'd never recommend anyone spawning an uncerted MAX of any faction). You can choose to make all of the things NC has a disadvantage or you play to the advantages.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

Indeed! I mean, we could be playing other factions but I would not stoop so low as to taint myself with the easy mode weapons of the VS/TR. Nay, I have been trained and cultivated in the finest of FPS martial schools and my towering sense of honour and martial pride forbids me from either playing anything other than NC. For it is here I am tested to my outmost capabilities and the fact I am getting almost identical results on my NC character only serves to magnify my undeniable prowess and a testament to my unsurpassed skill.

Bow before me ye mortals, for you stand before FPS royalty and you shall henceforth adress me as Sir Dankstorm.
  16. Campagne

Maybe. But playing the advantages doesn't remove any of the disadvantages, which I would argue sometimes matter more.

In this case, the Reaver and Vanguard are pretty uniformly worse than their counterparts. MAXes are still contested after all this time. :p (Though personally, being on the receiving end of all three, I ddon't think NC MAXes aren't that great.)
  17. raffa2

I've just made an NC alt and tried NC, except the gauss SAW which might take some time for newbies to master, all the other weapons are exceptional, the medic assault rifle, the mercenary specially, which felt more like an assault rifle than a carabine, all of these are my type of weapons in videogames, lethal and hard hitting.
  18. iDante

and then you got out of koltyr lmao
  19. raffa2

never really tried koltyr
  20. Thaumatos

NC is hard mode man.

Thats why all the little heavy-only pug stomper clans go to TR. Then eventually, after hearing about the Orion, they migrate to VS.

NC weapons take skill to kill with...plain and simple.
    • Up x 1