So how's the patch going for you....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ubad00d, Feb 2, 2013.

1. WUNDER8AR

pretty decent FPS increase. the amount of lag has at least doubled for me though. 60 FPS feels like 20 to say the least.

Also very weird things seem to happen. I just wanted to land my mossie near Quartz Ridge. as soon as I touched the ground i got a leading screen and one moment later I was standing at the airpad at the Impact Site, which was where I originally pulled my mossie from. that was quite hilarious
  2. Hadrekson

I'm getting the same FPS as I was getting before 30ish, with maybe a slight increase in FPS with a lot of people around. BUT, I get random MASSIVE FPS drop down to 5fps randomly when I'm near people.
  3. MaxDamage

Would appreciate people stating their gpu/cpu if they're getting good performance.
  4. FyerFyterMC

They probably have monster rigs lol
  5. orionX65

Wish they hadn't touched the vehicle turret sensitivity can't get it to feel right no matter what i set it to (even flight sensitivity was affected). Some sweet stuttering was introduced in this patch too.
  6. KariH

GTX 470
    i7 950 3 Ghz
    6 gb memory

Perhaps still above average or just medium? Some lag. I try to figure out much better computer but I think I canot make definitely better computer without investing 2 k€$ money.

Or do you have idea? Please let me know?
  7. Airless

I'm still getting good performance. AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.5ghz with 2x AMD Radeon HD 6870s. When I played on my Dell Lattitude craptop though I noticed worse frame-rate than before by a lot in fights (like everyone else it seems like)
    Some fun neat changes and new layouts for buildings.
    1-I no longer receive lock-on notifications in my Liberator so I don't know when to drop my decoy flares
    2-It's not like I can look around and SEE if i'm about to get hit since the top-based view angle for Libs sucks.
    3-This paired with the Lib lock-on nerf, AND the added cover in buildings for ground is a pretty big Lib nerf.
    4- Who cares, I'm TR i'll just go hop in a Prowler and +25% damage people all day
  8. Keldoris

I started by TK my mates, because I'm TR and I always shot rednames :p then I got it...
  9. Zitroxious

for me its still about the same fps.. had some low fps hitches though.. and a lot of laggkills.. getting killed 3 secs after killing that guy, stuff like that
  10. Sedweel

It's a great patch, and it vastly improves defense at bases. But for me there has been a massive amount of new lag, but this is mutated lag, its not simply my fps being low, but actually they are now very choppy and almost unplayable (unbearable). I am very dissapoint. I usually get 60 to 70 fps while not in a hardcore battle, and 40 to 50 fps whilst fighting to the death. Now my frames are always at 40, even on minimum settings, and they gown down as for to 14 at random intervals and make the game look like crap.

Medium settings
    Intel Core i5 2320 at 3.0GZ
    NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti
    8GB DDR3
  11. Strife_iH

besides the terrible FPS/stuttering im getting and the hard time im having with the new HUD colors, this patch is awesome. i love the changes to facilities, tunnels, new delta squad colors, continent based exp bonus etc...

some things i dont like:

- Proyectile speed decrease to rotatories, havent played too much A2A yet, but this kinda incentivates the use of boring A2A lock-on missiles, they should have increased the speed instead

- Charlie squad confuses me with Vanu players, they should change Charlie colors too since they look exactly the same now, or let us use the old colors instead.
  12. NCmagnetarN7

i7 860 3.4Ghz
    HD 7870
    8gb RAM

before patch during a large Amp battle i would bottom out at 25fps,now after the patch i get 30fps in similar situations

everything set to high except shadow's are low,AO is on and fog shadows off.

ini. Textures set to 0

before the patch i had Render distance set to 1899.00000 but after patch it was 4000.00000?

I'm very pleased with the patch my GD-7F and Gauss Saw sounds and looks amazing
  13. ReaperLSW

Cool bro, I'll get you some razor blades and artificial sunlight.