So how many Vanguard and Prowler drivers would trade their Main cannon for the Magriders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Jake the Dog

I honestly like it when my enemy has an OP vehicle, its more of a challenge then lol. Oh back in the days of the beta...
    • Up x 2
  2. NinjaTurtle

Because faction traits don't actually exist

SOE can't decide who should do what and have mixed and matched the factions that they are 90% the same
    • Up x 1
  3. NC_agent00kevin

Tank balance then, no? Magrider does a jack of all trades thing while Vanguard is more focused. Correct?
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Actually you are kinda correct. Prowler excels at infantry farming. Vanguard excels at tank v tank. And Magrider is pretty much jack of all trades. They are "ok" at all of them.
  5. Klypto

In the 96,476 shells I have fired I've been able to maintain a 60% accuracy.

So No, I do not need or want stabilization in exchange for lower velocity, lower damage and faster fire rate.

Their hardcap on Situational Awareness and the fixed forward gun that is somewhat awkward to aim is a downside.
    • Up x 2
  6. Larolyn

Maggies do have some horrible drawbacks I agree. And the 3rd person view? Wow the maggy has a huge ***. Like American Triple Cheeseburger for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks big. Can't see a thing in 3rd person.

Terrible Velocity
    Can't look behind
    Lowest FOV
    Velocity is none existant.
    Huge ***

But oh that mobility. Man it is nice. I just can't hit nothing with that silly floppy cannon.
  7. bonkfire

Mag is about mobility
    Prowler is about putting as many shells down range as possible
    Vanguard is about long range and high damage
    • Up x 1
  8. Klypto

Oddly enough the vanguard is also about close range and high damage...
    • Up x 3
  9. Maelthra

Can I trade the Magrider's gun for the Vanguard's?
  10. bonkfire

Only if my vanguard can have your saron.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Is it not the same velocity of the Python AP?
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Yeah its the same velocity.
  13. Klypto

It is.
    • Up x 1
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

Sure if I can get your Enforcer. The Enforcer is better than the Saron at long range.
  15. EliteEskimo

Enforcer ML85 is better than any AV secondary at long range and in my opinion is currently the best AV secondary. They even allow Vanguards to fight back against lock down Prowlers from a distance. The Vanguard in this picture couldn't hit me with his main gun very well, but his Enforcer ML85 Gunner sure could. This is a X2 zoom screen shot to give you an idea of the distance. I'm down near the road at Howling pass, and he's up on the top of the mountains at Crimson Bluff Tower.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  16. NC_agent00kevin

Lets put this FoV myth to rest right now

[IMG]

[IMG]

You can see the same number of grid squares in front, to the left and vertically from both tanks. The Magrider does slightly lack some FoV directly in front of it - towards the ground.

You also have a greater FoV to the right in the Magrider, were the Vanguard has its turret blocking the view. Not a lot greater, but better nonetheless.

Both vehicles are centered on the ammo symbol of this resupply pad, with the turret looking at the same spot on the wall. Overall I'd say they are quite equal, if not placing the Magrider's FoV slightly better than the Vanguard's as whats going on to the right of you is going to be far more important than whats going on 0.5m in front of you.

I also have 3rd person images, but Im unsure as to how to show these. Camera angle is going to be a factor; however, the Vanguard has a larger horizontal footprint on the screen when placing the bottom of the tank at juust touching the bottom of the screen. The Magrider has a larger footprint vertically, which again, IMO is pretty balanced. If anything, the advantage would go to the Magrider again as 3rd person is typically used to check sides, not front. Thats just my opinion though and is easily debatable.

As a Lightning Driver main, I see no issue with this at all.

Anyone disbelieving is welcome to check my stats. Compare how much time I spend in a Lightning and how much time I sit in a Vanguard :)
    • Up x 3
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

Go 3rd person.
  18. LIKE A BOSS!

how do you have a c75 Viper on your prowler o_O
  19. AzureKnight

Only if we can scale mountainsides as well.

If your gun was on a tank like the TR or NC, then I'd say it was severely under powered. but tied in with gun stability, the ability to climb mountainsides and strafing, that's what makes it equal
    • Up x 3
  20. DramaticExit

I can't think of anyone who rolls a tank on a regular basis who would not like to have the DPS of the Prowler, with the alpha strike of the Vanguard and the evasive ability and all-round mobility of a Magrider...

Funny how that works.
    • Up x 1