So how many of you have been accused of hacking?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhunkyPhantom, May 7, 2014.

1. PhunkyPhantom

Just had it happen to me yesterday. Your opponent literally does the same thing a half dozen times the same way and bam you get a PM accusing you of hacking. I am not an end all be all of players and I feel this is kind of a small badge of honor.

Now everyone if you have a story of people falsely claiming you hacked or using cheat programs please tell the story.
    • Up x 2
  2. ViXeN

I have literally been accused of it hundreds of times. :eek:
  3. SmegForBrains2

haha checked up your stats they are not even good. i think saying "hundreds" of time is an exaggeration.

Your Kills per hour isn't even 60 yet, its a measly 45 and also your headshot rates aren't even hitting 20% also your K/D is pretty low to be considered even close to hacking and you have 1/4 of your kills as a MAX.

these guys are the real deal:

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428117870055138497
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428153774134091441
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428031585332962609
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428168624785697121
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428161003959857345
    • Up x 3
  4. NoInstructions

Everyone has, it's just a matter of time before idiots send tells to even the worst player.
    • Up x 4
  5. Brahma2

In this game, if you don't get accused you're doing it wrong.
    • Up x 3
  6. Trudriban

well I'm more of a casual player and don't hone my skills as much as most top tier Mattherson guys (read "no life skrub") or at least I'm assuming so since I have not ever gained a single hackusation. In fact I've received a fair number of "nice kill" messages on the single most toxic server of this game. Weird as hell but I accept it
  7. GeneralPeragorn

I have twice, both times I was in a Phalanx turret farming infantry as they came over a hill.
  8. Bungins

Occasionally, it baffles me when it's not even a suspicious situation that you get these accusations.
    I guess it's just a normal reaction for some angry gamers who are more prone to hurl abuse when they get angry, nothing rational about it but understandable.
  9. ChipMHazard

Never. Not even once :(
    • Up x 1
  10. OddChelsea

Plenty of times, most of them while I was in a lib however. Funny thing is I am a completely average player.
  11. Prudentia

I had 2:
    The first was just... disappointing... i sat on the blast shield on the walls of Ampstations and that lond Terran stops below me to check the courtyard. i shot him in the head from 3m away with my Pulsar C (couldn't really hit anything else) and then i got a tell :eek:
    The second was awesome, was flying my Sologal, switched midair to the Bulldog and shot some one out of the sky who just jumped out of his own Galaxy :D
  12. DelusionsOfGrandeur

Yesterday I got called a hacker because I knifed someone who didn't see me drop on them. I used to treat it as a little badge of honor but now I just see it as people blowing off steam because there is "NO WAY!" they could have been one upped by another player.
  13. TheShrapnelKing

I'm either not good enough or not well-known enough to have ever gotten one.
  14. johnway

In modern times, being called a hacker when you're not is a socially acceptable term to the other person acknowledging your awesomeness in thrashing other players. And in the game.

With that, i sadly don't take much notice of the chat box as i'm busy trying to stay alive or doing whatever it is. If someone had something worthwhile, they would use a mic. I occasionally do pick up on certain yells, like a dome is being taken and such, but i sometimes ignore that as i leave that to the outfits, but i check the map frequently enough to see where the next big fight is.

I haven't been called a hacker yet.
  15. \m/SLAYER\m/

yesterday was spawned at facility, only dead bodies around.. one Prowler was farming through spawn shield
  16. DrPapaPenguin

Looks like we have ourselves a "Fair Player" here, boys :D

Eh, think it happened two or three times. Last one was "Prepare to be spam reported you ****" so I'm not sure what was his deal.
  17. Udnknome

Who actually reads their chat-spam to find out? I'm usually in TS with my outfit or too busy engaging enemy to notice. Too bad local comms aren't cross faction.
  18. FaLI3N

I get hackusations a lot, they are one of my favorite parts of the game so keep em coming. Most of them seem to come from people that aren't as experienced with the game but the occasional one from a high BR always puts a smile on my face.

Just yesterday someone was saying I "hacked a mossie into a biolab", obviously to veteran players I flew in there but its sad to people automatically assume hacking was involved. On that note dam it is easy to get a mossie into a biolab compared to the time I last did it with a scythe, it literally took 2 seconds tops and I didn't even lose forward momentum throughout the process. I even managed to lockdown the spawn room for about 2 minutes, too bad the TR were still staring at a cleared entrance waiting for more certs to come outside.
  19. VSDerp

I was called a Cash shop noob because i killed somebody with an smg lol
    • Up x 1
  20. ExarRazor

I've been accused of using an ESP hack twice.

the first time a stalker cloak was on a point, standing directly in front of one of those big screen things, which projects a huge black shadow when cloaked infils stand in front of it

the second time a stalker was hiding in a doorway near a point. I was running stalker as well and tried to go through the doorway he was hiding, and the game wouldn't let me, while I was trying to figure out why, he move a bit to look around and I shot him