So...how is recruiting doing?

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by AdennTM, Jun 25, 2013.

1. AdennTM

We all know outfits are the heart of game and what keeps it going. For outfits to strive they need recruits and we are finally on the recommended server's list. So how is recruitment going lads?
  2. Loui5D

No increase for us, hardly anyone wants to fly atm, hopefully interest will rise when the ESF update gets closer.
  3. Sparks

Slow very very slow, hardly notice an increase in recruits overall with Miller as recommended now :(. Still getting the occasional newbie tho but at the same pace as before the recommended status.
  4. Staticsilver

I can fill out the 2nd half of a platoon twith outfitless pubbies but none are interested in listening, much less owning a mic.
  5. AdennTM

FU had 60 members online yesterday (Monday). A number we had never reached before on an un-eventful week day. So we have had a recruitment boom. Problem is many of these new recruits are new and must be trained to reach true =FU= quality. But alas that is our problem.

I personally lead the morning shift of FU and most squads in the morning for every other outfit are extremely casual to non-exsistant (plus some outfits open pubbie platoons but then only use TS/Mumble/Ventrilo).

So since there are no other squads up, I use ingame and play very strictly as if it were a standard FU squad. I think the combination of all those factors make it so new players who are looking for some organized gameplay stick to us.

My recommendation to other outfits:
    -Use ingame voip for public squads/platoons.
    -Advertise in /re or /yell if you win a fight. I do this and it is annoying for other outfits/etc but I do it simply for the advertisement, not to gloat.
    -Morning squads when there are no other squads up = all those morning players join you.
    -Actively help newbies. Hadouken managed to turn an NC newbie to TR and join our outfit! :)
  6. AdennTM

True but hey, at least you have the highest quality pilots of Miller. I see you guys and fly away as fast as I can ^^
  7. cassan0va

Pretty much the same as always, few here and there but i guess we attract a specific type of people.
  8. Crovax20

Well I made my character on Miller and almost feared getting outfit invite spammed. Seems this is not WoW indeed, as I've just been playing mostly solo up till now following the zerg. Trying to support armored columns and protecting spawn sunderers from air with my skyguard. Hardly ever seem to have to leave my lightning :).

Don't know if there are mature outfits out there who mostly enjoy running around in vehicles, as I find the infantry part of the game not that interesting. Spend the greater part of the afternoon duoing with another skyguard player, shooting down everything in the air, so I guess there are more like-minded people out there.

(Terran Republic, Name on Miller: M8Greyhound)
  9. SirIBON

Congratulation! An additional TR.
    Head-hunting at other low populated Fractions is very awesome.

Sorry for my sarcasm.

With our requirement, german speaker we will get few People in our lines, but at the moment there some nice guys in our TS.

@M8Greyhound write down your fraction, that will help.
    We have unfortunately at the moment no aktiv Rhinosquad.
  10. Dotz0r

BRTD (TR) still recruiting, no change as before but somewhat more of an increase- 10 or so in last week. Some new, some old. Our public platoons however now have "regulars".

Going from 120 most nights post-release to (a few week ago before recommended server) 50 a night or so, we are slowly going back to our "old" manpower. - Hopefully :rolleyes:

Its more the retention of older players more then getting new blood for us - we don't seem to be gaining or loosing - a high turn over rate, people just getting burnt out / coming and going keeping us around the 300 / 70-80% active margin.

Can tell FU has had a boom of such, going around only seeing a handful to then seeing an entire bio lab full the other night!;)
    • Up x 1
  11. TheRighteous

Were not doing too badly. Few new recruits so far, im not sure if that many people are joining new
  12. AdennTM

Looking at the amount of low brs I'm killing, I would say there are loads of new players.
  13. SebDollar

You are to kind ;)
    I'm glad recruitment is going good for you guys. Always fun hunting for FU
  14. Ulysees

To be honest I'd love to have access to chat macro's. Public platoons don't work great for us in terms of new members but I would like to help the new players to the server by being able to send them a chat macro that advises them to get the most out of the game they should look to join an outfit and a link to the recruitment forum. I wouldn't mind being able to press a button and send low BR players that we kill and who don't have an outfit tag here since the in game recruitment tools are non existant apart from yell/region spam being able to quickly offer enemy players a pointer would be a great asset and help the community since I am sure with a little prompting a lot of players who got told something like this:

"Welcome to Planetside! I notice you are a low battle rank player and are not in an outfit, if you are new to the game then I suggest you visit the Miller Outfit Recruitment forums at https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/miller-eu.56/ and see if you can find a group of players who will help you learn the game, cover your back while you are learning and really show you the full planetside experience. Good luck and see you around on the battlefields of Auraxis"

Would be more likely to find and join an outfit rather than log off in despair at the harsh new player experience that this game can have, especially on a Vet server like ours.
  15. BaptistsK90

Going well for Consortium I must say, we've got around 15 new members since we went recommended, but as with FU these guys need trained to come up to standard, what length of time does a server remain recommended? you've the dual problem of running Public squads to recruit, but time is needed for training as well.

Oh and Ulysees there's a command you can use to bring up the last thing you typed, or you could just Ctrl C, Ctrl V, ... don't say Conz never helped an annoying insect.
  16. Crovax20

Played with Freelancers Union tonight, was a great experience! Props to Adenn en Hadoken (hope I got his name right), had a blast and was nice to play in a organized way. Really nice of you guys to have a public platoon, so I could check out how outfit based gameplay works. Came away impressed!

I'd recommend anyone new and willing to do teamwork to join you lot!

Greets,
    M8Greyhound
    • Up x 2
  17. YamiNoTenshi

Having all these new players is good and all but I feel really bad when I destroy some poor BR1 in an ESF, it's not that pleasant for me playing right now :(

I must be getting soft...
  18. AdennTM

No mercy for the misguided Yami!
  19. TheRighteous

Really? I seem to only be killing BR 30 and above...
  20. AdennTM

TR players are soooo good that we reach BR30 within an hour of playing ^^