So how is planetside 2 doing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Raichu

Is it popular? is it dieing already ect ect what do you think is the state of the game
  2. Swiffle

there was a guy taht hacked the game and now apparently it's dead, or so i'm told by reading these forums
    • Up x 1
  3. mancho

No,the game is not dead,but yeah the hackers are annoying.
  4. serenekaos

Not to shabby, They have to balance the vehicles vs infantry a bit and they need some more engine optimization. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.
  5. Stadulator

download it and form your own opinion. it is free you know

/thread
  6. Mechanought

Dude, this game is like 3 weeks old. It's WAY outdated. You might as well be playing Counter Strike 1.6.

No one plays this old *** game.
  7. omega4

Gameplay balance between ground and air was almost perfect but is about to be trashed.

PS2 will be dead within 6 months time.

Count on it.
    • Up x 1
  8. MarlboroMan-E

The game is going great. The game itself is great. Don't judge anything based of these horrid forums.
  9. D0n

Soon to be.
  10. Millsy

I've heard everything is overpowered; all weapons, all vehicles and all factions.
    Sounds great to me, I like overpowered so long as one thing doesn't have an advantage over another.
  11. Solafide

Fun, lots of fun
  12. siiix

its popular and people still learn how to play witch is way more fun then when you already figured out everything and its every day the same thing over and over again
  13. Tobax

Its getting better all the time with more balanacing coming to help improve things.
    Ignore the idiots that say air vs ground is fine as it is because its not and they are only pilots crying.
  14. The Funk

Asking about the STOG on a game forum is probably not the most accurate way to find out. Free game is free so get in there and pew pew!
  15. Deronok

According to these forums, it died on release. Then it died when they announced the AA buffs, before the buffs were released. It's also going to die when they add the Deci and remove dumbfire from lock on weapons.
  16. Festral

PS2 is a great game combining both FPS and MMO elements together. To say the least, it's the best game that I have played in a while. Definitely worth trying.
  17. justin

game will die there is currently no long term incentive/no purpose/no immersion

i.e there's no point to anything you do, logistically this game is **** its practically a dm fest as there's literally little benefit to capturing any specific thing.

bio ? health regen is so minmal

tech plant? no warpgates are close enough/map is small enough that it's irrelevant

no more locking out cave benefits/gen dropping on other continents to deny tech to another etc fps wise it mechanically plays well but it gets boring quickly
  18. Kroktar

Well...at launch there was a lot of population now it has decreased a bit in steam stats.

Which sucks a bit because at launch they had to add a lof of servers and a lot of people left and it could have been way more fun in some servers :p..I mean you only had queue on launch and now there is always 2 continent with people and 1 with very low pop...

Of course this is different on every server.
  19. Chiss

I think SOE are still very much in the red. I foresee the game failing, and them losing a lot of money. All of this is their fault, for removing many of the things that made PlanetSide such an amazing game, and just turning it towards Battlefield. Not to mention most of the things you can purchase are utter garbage.
  20. Raichu