So, how easy is it to kill a tank?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bacardie, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Bacardie

Well.. pretty easy I guess.. not sure how though.. One shot kills while in a tank? Possible? Happened to me last night... Explanation?
  2. Corsix

Could of been a pair of mines, coordinated rockets into your caboose, several sticks of C4 or a Lib sneezed at you. It should show you what killed you when you die.
  3. KraggTheGrim

depends if your talking about a main battle tank, or a light tank (lightning)

A light tank can take 2 rocket hits before dieing and thats with no upgrades from the shooter, and no upgrades on the tank. I have heard of people getting one shot in lightning, but i have never been.

a main battle tank can take a few hits. 4-5 rockets, or 3-4 direct hits from another main battle tank. again this is all non upgraded info. I'm sure other people will give you info based on fully upgraded attackers and MBT
  4. Deathcapt

2 dumb fire rockets at the same time insta kill you, someone could also combine C-4 with a rocket to the back for an insta kill.
  5. Stadulator

pretty freakin easy imho. 12 S1's launch at once... tank pretty much vaporizes

There are those.. who actually set ambushes for tanks. And don't shoot until the order is given. Tanks don't stand a chance against that. Those type of people can disolve an armor column
  6. TribbleFluffer

Coulda been a "pile up"...
    Depends on what your driving, if its a lightning, and you have a MBT roll over your butt while your moving, or even parked theres a 50/50% chance youll explode...though if your in a MBT and have another one roll over you....nothing happens unless their at top speed in which has you drop to 50% health, in a lightning? your totaled. BOOM :rolleyes:
  7. Cute-CandyPants

pretty dam easy
  8. Bacardie

well, came from one person, one shot using a rocket launcher, was a TR faction. I was in a Lightning. So if a rocket launcher can take out a tank with one shot, guess I'm using the wrong weapons cause I've used them and took 4 or 5 hits to kill one. Oh well, prolly just me.