So apparently, every class can equip the new NS semi auto sniper?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Nocturn0l, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Nocturn0l

Because right now i can equip it on any class except MAXes of course. Bug or feature?

I don't think it's a good idea giving LAs access to such a powerful long range weapon, which when equipped with a laser sight is also almost as deadly as a semi auto shotgun in CQC.
  2. M2_Bradley

It is a bug.
    • Up x 4
  3. OldMaster80

4. Epicstrat

Interesting bug and I'm willing to keep it if I can have NS LMG or Assult Rifle on my infiltrator :).

I'm sure it will get fixed before live.
    • Up x 2
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Yeah, it's likely a bug...they admit that the NS Semi-Auto Sniper rifle is pretty much fubared at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nocturn0l

Well, it's not very original for sure. It's a copy cat of the semi auto scouts(except the nyx) with better hip fire, which can be very deadly in CQC though.
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

Yeah, it's not very interesting...visually and in functionality.
  8. ISKNausicaa

This could also be the case for the crossbow as well, we can hope #

Either that or lolz at LA with NS semi + NS crossbow; Flying infil that can use C4
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

I believe it's a bug with the Nanite Systems Semi-Auto, but the Crossbow is for everyone...pretty sure that's confirmed. At first, I was ravenously defending our position of keeping the recon darts class specific...but after a while, well...you may have seen my thread. Give recon to the Light Assault, give them the Detect Darts, and give everyone their own class specific unique ammunition type for the crossbow.
  10. ISKNausicaa

:< sad to hear that, we got a source on the confirmation? i've been hoovering up any info the devs throw out like a beggar at a banquet, and i clearly have missed this bit of info
  11. VaIhall

It's a ''intended'' bug they release new items to be super good and have nice ''features'' so people will buy it, then they nerf it to **** when they made all the money they want from it.
    It's a commonly used marketing tactic.
  12. Tentakewls

WTF are you even talking about? Did you even read the OP?
  13. Vanon

It's a crappy NC Shadow.... Kinda getting disapointed with the inf update. A stalker cloak that takes way to long to recharge, an NC SR that is functionally the same as a longshot, an NS sniper rifle that is worse then everyones faction equivalent. The crossbows are the only interesting thing now.
  14. ZeroErrorz

sweet i can wield my shadow semi auto slug rifle with LA :eek: YAAIIIIII, my favorite weapon just met its matching class, irnv suppresor and laser sight ftw all over again
  15. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

They should give it IRNV scopes that aren't like the traditional IRNV in the sense that they don't limit range, but reduce your field of view while scoped. Basically, they would increase the tunnel vision you get while using the scope to compensate for the IRNV effect.

This would make the rifle stand out, and stats could be adjusted accordingly.
  16. Vanon

Oh there are 3 easy to adapt solutions to fix the all the major problems with this update. Increase the new cloak's recharge 25% while cloaked and 50% uncloaked... Give the NC sniper the unbarrel shotgun attachment, and give i love your idea of giving it the IRNV scope with a limited field of view. Another would be to give it an adjustable scope. It's a scout rifle atm not a sniper rifle. Another solution is unlock all scopes for it. I would really like it to do something that all 3 empire scout rifles don't already do.

I would love to see a 0hk sniper rifle that is semi auto with like a 20 rate of fire or something. Just so you don't have to leave the scoped in view, but still the fire rate as the bolt actions. There are so many advantages that people want, that we do not have, that would easily be balanced. I don't get why the dev's want to make carbon copy's of existing guns.

It pisses me off because i've been waiting for this and the ESF update for months. And while the ESF update went good, it didn't address flak in any way, and now, because i play NC, i feel i'm getting screwed.
  17. ZeroErrorz

no keep the rifle where is at, i love the original shadow rifle, and believe me tunnel vission irnv is not going anywhere since the gun is meant to operate at SHORT-medium range, the thing about this rifle is that it have the versatility needed for medium to cqc and being super effective at both range while not being very effective at range, this very rifle actualy fill the role of a semi auto sniper rifle and a slug shoty while being the best of both world i mean the hipfire acuracy and the velocity is just the best part of the two weapon.
    added the fact that LA can use the weapon i think its unwise to give it anymore feature and range capability since this very ability its self its already super versatile for most engangement and could result whine thread.
  18. ZeroErrorz

first up,having 12x scope on a weapon that is being used at assault rifle-knife range is just wierd for me since the only use for that is to do quick scope on the head, ive done it with the em6 paired with 6x scope but having semi auto firemode making alpha burst before the scope is started impposible, and the fact that it have a decent amount of recoil as all semi auto does its still very hard to do.
    maybe a 2x burst fire mode will fit if it require some "uniqueness" of its own but if so make add more recoil to the 2x burstfire mode to reduce the cqc potential that could be exploited,but to keep its usefulness reduce the amount of recoil it have when using it in ADS

and second it already do what the other scout rifle dont UNLOCK TO ALL CLASS yes this is the best bug/feature ever if SOE want to make a cash grab THIS is a good weapon to do so since this add one more gameplay option to other class.
  19. Vanon

Everyone is pretty sure that the whole "unlock to all classes" thing is a bug. It is only for inf's as far as i know.
  20. Tenebrae Aeterna

I really doubt that they're going to make that rifle unlockable to all classes.