So another alert ends on mattherson...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Nocturnal7x

And everyone logs off. Only NC platoons are brazilian (or somthing) and there are only 2 of them.

This happens every time an alert ends, its especially great when you are just hopping on.

This is a pretty ****** mechanic, I hope they fix it.
  2. Flapatax

By...removing the thing that makes people stay on?
  3. Vladimer

They should nerf the log out button.... force everyone to camp out in the warpgate when going to work or sleep. That should solve it.
  4. EmmettLBrown

They already do that. There's a lot of people that just **** off or idle there.
  5. Nocturnal7x

People seem to stay on when there are no alerts going. At least its more even keeled, no exodus.

Daddy wouldn't like that one bit, and that wouldn't solve the issue at all.
  6. Dudinatorman

Wait you mean to tell me that the rest of the mattherson NC platoons aren't brazilian?
  7. WyrdHarper

So after a midafternoon alert, people decided to log off right around dinnertime EST? Go figure.
  8. Nocturnal7x

You'er missing the point. This always happens. After every alert. Does not matter what time it ends.
  9. WyrdHarper

I lead during a lot of primetime alerts. If they end between 7-9pm we get a lot less population drop than at other times. Some people do log off, but a lot of those are people who were just staying on for the alert and were looking to finish their session anyway. The biggest difference I've seen in population differences in the last week is that when an alert ends, VS (and sometimes NC, although it varies from night to night) go from being 4X% pop to 3X%. I'd imagine a lot of the people logging off after some alerts are fourth factioners and people who are somewhat disgusted at VS getting another dominating or close-to-dominating victory (as much as because of poor play on our own faction as good play and overpop on the others).

Another factor is probably that it only takes a few leaders logging off to really knock out the mood of a faction. If they are tired after an alert and want to go do something else, sometimes there just isn't anyone else to take over, which causes a cascade of people logging out.
  10. Vladimer

I'd say that is a big factor.

Personally, I know I usually leave at the end of an alert. I don't have time to play all day and usually play 30-60 minutes at a time, sometimes a few hours if time permits. So generally if I should get going and the alert is 30 minutes left, I'll play it out and then end up leaving afterwards.
  11. NoctD

Wait - you play on Mattherson? I could have sworn you're a Conneryian.
  12. Nocturnal7x

nope on mattherson.