So about that deconstruct

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fligsnurt, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Fligsnurt

The button is back in the game, but it doesn't do anything. Seems like the ultimate troll button now, lol.
  2. Beartornado

Its funny that people still bail out thinking they're denying you that much exp at all. Your vehicle is a bigger cert pinata than you even if you become an extreme menace.
  3. YeOldeSammich

Agree there. From what OP said, maybe this will confuse those ******* who decontrsut so when they're mashing the button in panic and it's not working I can actually kill them and get that little bonus <3

All they really have to do to fix this bailing out is this: make the player's "suicide" count as a kill for you. They jumped out because you were about to kill them so it should give you exp for that suicide. Then it wouldn't matter if you blew them up while they were still in the aircraft or they jumped out, EXP either way.
  4. Fligsnurt

Ya no kidding. I seen it a lot yesterday, people would bail or head straight for the ground to bail and either way they end up dieing while I was still picking up massive xp for assists on the vehicles with my skyguard.
  5. Peter Daniel

Regression testing SOE. Learn it.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kayato

Is back and it works. Just find some Vanu use it.
    SOE is SIMPLE
    0% DAMAGE YOU CAN DECONSTRUCT IT
    Damaged you CAN'T do it.
    • Up x 3
  7. CHDT65

Frankly, one should have really a loser mentality to use the deconstruct button to empeach another player to get his xp's.
    When I'm defeated, no problem when the other player get his bonus.
    • Up x 1
  8. NovaAustralis

They should have just left it out.

I didn't miss it and it hardly affected gameplay.

(Except for coward scrub bailers...)
  9. Fligsnurt

Which is weird, I tested it on my ATV as I drove it around, I hadn't taken any damage from other sources if I took any damage I guess it was self inflicted while driving around. Basically had driven for 5-10 min and couldn't use the decon button, happened later with my skyguard, hadn't taken any noticeable damage (would of been marginal if any and probably from being bumped into or bumping into buildings.)

Either way makes no big difference to me, only time I use it is when I'd rather not leave a vehicle cluttering the area, but now I just stuff them against a wall or in a corner.
  10. Imortalvalk

I still dive at the ground and bail, but I do it because I'm trying to put the vehicle at a speed and trajectory that will let me survive the bail, and shoot a rocket at them as a parting gift or something. Only works about 20% of the time but meh, worth a try.
  11. ALeviathan

I've really noticed the "Log Off" happening with ESF's. A lot of times I get the jump on an ESF with my Sky Guard and then all of a sudden it just floats gently to the ground with no pilot to be found.
  12. TrainerS2

Deconstruct is not needed in this game, beterwork on other bugs/
    Deconstruct wos using just by nabs . I never use it at all " deconstructing nabs"
  13. Zotamedu

What happened with the timer? It should be fine if they just gave it a 30 second countdown. That way it can't be used for griefing but it can still be used to get rid of stuck vehicles. The /suicide command on the other hand, has no right to exist at all anymore. The one legitimate use it had is served by the redeploy and squad deploy buttons.
    • Up x 1