[Suggestion] Sniping Practically Disables in Large Battles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Comradical, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Comradical

In large battles, players vanish and can't be seen from a distance. This is bad for everyone but particularly bad for snipers, in fact it effectively disables snipers in the battles they should play the greatest role in, and makes long range scopes generally useless.

Also if there's a maximum draw distance, it should adjust to scope.
  2. Ganelon

Grab a real gun and charge into the enemy ranks.

SOE is already looking into increasing the infantry render distance
  3. absolofdoom

That's why I stopped playing infy. They said there's an upcoming patch to fix this problem, but we'll just have to wait and see.
  4. Incarnadine

I added on the rest of what you meant.

Hopefully that upcoming patch fixes it, so tired of sniping vanishing targets
  5. Zaik

We have enough literally invisible(not cloaked) infiltrators as it is with the render distance so easy to exploit. The last thing we need is for every single infiltrator to be able to do it all the time.
  6. Ganelon

I should not have made the text that revealed the sarcasm black.
  7. Comradical

I'd love to but the frame rate dips below 30 and it's impossible to aim and shoot at people who already have the next 10 steps loaded.

*sees what you did*
    Very clever.
  8. Optrex

Its not just snipers that suffer from this.
    Yesterday I was in a 3 way large battle and the draw distance was aweful. You could walk into what looked like an empty room then all of a sudden 5-20 people would suddenly spawn in front of you.
    Another thing I noticed was you could storm the same room with a rapid fire gun blazing away and hit nothing until they actually show on your screen.