Sniper Rifle attachments

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by jhwoody, Dec 4, 2012.

1. jhwoody

Hey folks,

I am using the SR-7 with a 12x scope and starting to get reliable kills. For long range sniping, are there any other attachments that are of use, or is it just the scope? I can't see the suppressor at range, and the forward grip would seem to be for rapid fire weapons, they are, however, offered so I wondered if they had a use in this arena.

Thanks!
  2. Scorponok

its pretty much the scope.And thats it for the bolt action.suppressor sucks either way...i never use it on any weapons...dont feel the need to lower the damage output.And on a sniper it also makes your bulletdrop alot bigger.
  3. PSBJ

Nope, all you need is the 12x and that's it. The suppressor is pointless since you're so far away and the attachment to decrease recoil is pointless because it's bolt-action.
  4. jhwoody

Wow, seems like they would have put out a bipod or something.
  5. PSBJ

That's actually a great idea to reduce sway, but unfortunately there's no prone position so it would be floating on air :p I hope they add prone, that'd be nice.
  6. archelios

you dont really need 12x with the current render distance, a 8x should be just fine
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

Agreed, would love this.
  8. Caspartine

Would love to see infiltrators dolphin diving after being shot at:D
    • Up x 1
  9. Scorponok

Sorry to say this but having bipods would had make the sniper OP...its bad enough people already spam for having the sniper nerfed...so the bipods would just make it alot worse..
  10. Caspartine

Problem is, Infiltrators are far from OP, It's just people who don't play them are pi**ed, because of those headshots, and cry about it. I could argue that in my opinion the medic assault rifles are OP, how come that support (!) class has one of the most precise weapons ingame and can "snipe" me from the hill with a precise burst. Every class has it's own.
    • Up x 2
  11. Wobberjockey

so true. i think medics kill me more than any other class
  12. PanzerGoddess

seems im not the only one lol
  13. Meiu

I play infiltrator and its sniping role doesn't need anything else added to it to cement them into a superfluous position that has very little outcome in capturing areas in PS2, what they need to do is focus more on the infiltrator role and give it some tools to be effective more so than the killing players who just immediately respawn since infiltrator cant hack/destroy sundies :/
  14. vampwood

My effective strategy for sundy killing as infiltrator is switching to engineer and dropping AT mines -_-
    • Up x 1
  15. Meiu

Yeah, I have to drive up in a sundy, drop 2 c4 on it, switch to heavy and finish it :/

Or just grab a reaver and ROCKETPOD 2 WIN!
  16. Saint-Ange

About attachments.
    Let's say I would switch from x12 to the default x6 by switching between two loadout for example.
    Do I need to go to a terminal or respawn for that really?
    It is so evident to me that we should be able to do this that I feel I am missing something.
    This is not about changing weapon, just a scope, you read well.