[Guide] SMG Stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by StormFrog, Feb 2, 2013.

1. StormFrog

• Up x 1
  2. Phyr

Whats the TR ROF come out too? 900 ish?
  3. StormFrog

Divide 60 by the refire time to get rate of fire. ~895 rpm.
  4. thefissk

they look like they may be them, however we can't know for sure until we get in to test. however just so you know i found that using just the numbers found the in RECOIL_MAGNITUDE_MAX and RECOIL_ANGLE_MIN to represent how many degree off straight up the recoil is a better representation of the ingame recoil
  5. Phyr

I was close :cool:
  6. ritual

Awww the cute little vanu SMG does 143 damage :D

I shall name my SMG stanley and we shall unconditionally spread the love of vanu to the TR and the NC.

143 too, Vanu SMG. 143.
    • Up x 3
  7. Linedan

So:

TR: 895 rpm
    VS: 750 rpm
    NC: 652 rpm

That sounds about right. I tried the NC one and wasn't particularly impressed with the ROF, it felt about normal compared to most carbines and definitely a ton slower than my GD-7F.

Grats TR on your new ROF championship, btw.
  8. Kortez12

VS weapon seems worse then TR version. Higher recoil, higher CoF numbers in certain instances and less damage output. Reload is slightly shorter but they are all low.

Am I just reading this wrong or does this seem to be the case?

I used the SMG in game and went on some pretty decent streaks with it in a tower fight so it's definitely a decent weapon just seems like the TR one must be amazing. The vanu one when we have carbines that shoot 800/845RPM just seems a bit useless.
  9. Phyr

It's not going to replace a serpeant, but it's a hell of a lot better then the Artemis in CQC.
    • Up x 1
  10. Linedan

Right now I can't see any advantage for a non-infiltrator to use the NC one. The GD-7F has almost 200 rpm higher ROF and better accuracy once you cert it, although the SMG does hit harder. I couldn't get any kills with it just now even under 20m, but I just kinda suck anyway so it's probably not the gun.

It's too good to have replace the pistol as a secondary weapon, but not really useful as a primary to anybody except an infiltrator...except if there's something I'm missing, which there probably is. :) With the high damage, though, in the hands of a skilled NC infiltrator, a suppressed Cyclone is going to be just nasty.
  11. Armchair

Vanu SMG has a huge advantage in the bullet drop category.
    • Up x 2
  12. Necron

So, rough DPS numbers: TR: 1865 VS: 1788 NC: 1820

Numbers seem a tad high. Other than the low bullet speed these weapons just destroy the majority of the carbines in the game. They need a nerf. Yes, I will say it. Since most combat is CQB bullet speeds don't matter, so it's all about DPS, and the DPS is too great.
  13. Garakan

might not be that helpful for a weapon thats meant to be used at 15m.
    • Up x 7
  14. Timperium

Are you serious? Not only is bullet drop a non-issue, but SMGs are CQC weapons.

How is bullet drop even relevant?
    • Up x 6
  15. Nacasatu

Laser optics upgraded fully, it's the weapon of choice on all non max for me on VS, apart from HA or when running as sniper on Infil. Excellent weapon.
  16. Kortez12

lol is all I can really say to that.
  17. Armchair

It's your faction buff for small arms. You need to have SOME penalty to make up for that significant edge. Sometimes that equates to CQC weapons that don't fully benefit from your faction buff. Deal with it.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheUprising

When does the damage dropoff start for these guns? If its the same as other guns, then the NC one would be ok at medium ranges, and even further though at that range you would have to lead your targets quite a bit.
  19. Nacasatu

Lol, just lol at that reply. :rolleyes:
  20. Jestunhi

Are you comparing recoil & cone of fire bloom on a per-shot basis between weapons with different fire rates, or correctly converting into recoil per second and bloom per second so you have something to accurately compare them by?