SMG Names Switcheroo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Intruder313, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Intruder313

I've just watched FNO and to me there were some incongruous names planned for the SMGs.

The NC SMG (25-Clip) was called the "Cyclone", this seems more like a name that should be held by the TR SMG given their propensity for high-ROF weapons (coming later), certainly high Clip-size weapons.

Likewise the TR SMG (35-Clip) was called the "Armistice" which just sounds more like an NC name.

So I think these 2 names should be reversed (even though I play NC and accept that "Cyclone" is simply cooler).

I think I also saw gun listed as a "Hailstorm" which I think is a name already used by a Vanu Scythe nosegun?

Stats wise:

Every Class can use them, except the MAX of course
    ADS confirmed and "faster movement with ADS" - so probably 75% ADS Move
    Short range enforced by "more bullet drop than on Carbines"
    They fired "9mm" type rounds and actually appeared to have high damage bars but I don't trust those.
    More graphical moving parts makes these guns a lot cooler but there's a promised "Badassification Patch" coming to improve the look of existing guns.
  2. bluEyedillusions

Agreed on name switch; thought the same thing.

I think the reason Cyclone sounds so TR is because of other similar sounding names already used by TR, example: "Cycler".
  3. MarkAntony

actually armistice kinda sounds like a VS gun to me. but i agree in principle.
  4. bluEyedillusions

Eh, VS guns are typically name after things in space.
  5. MarkAntony

yeah you're right.
    Switch those names SoE!
  6. FlayvorOfEvil

NC guns use wind and railgun themed names.
    TR guns use... well everything's juts Cycler... and some real gun names.
    and VS just use astrology themed weapons.