[Suggestion] SMG infiltrator balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by namd3, Feb 20, 2014.

1. namd3

Excluding Maxes from the equation, infantry gameplay is completely in the wrong the place. Its getting old tiresome facing horde of these infiltraitors popping up killing you instantly, and with Nanoweave changes and Nano armour cloak, it feels like it at time it takes longer to kill than a heavy assault

The counters are to weak, Darklight torches are ineffective, the range is to short, and you have to **** your main gun, considering the range an infiltrator can kill you with an SMG.

I'm fine for infiltrator to have the gun, I want an effective counter to them (ie) Darklight vision from PS1 please.

There is no downside to this form of play...
    • Up x 5
  2. Wobberjockey

you realize that it is UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE for a stalker infiltrator to kill you with an SMG, because they give up their primary weapon.

every other infiltrator MUST UNCLOAK SEVERAL TIMES to get to you.

not to mention nano armor is like 15 seconds MAX.
    plus infiltrators start with 100 less shield.

No downsides my nanite rebirthed ****
    • Up x 9
  3. Frazzle

There are infiltrators who use the nanoweave cloak? That's news to me. Good CQB infiltrators don't use SMGs.
  4. Polskija

I really don't get this suggested SMG-inf uberness people seem to talk about. While moving cloak is so visible that people start shooting at you 50m away and when ever you are face to face to any class, you lose. It's all about outsmarting the opposition or just being lucky. Nothing to balance imo.
  5. Winfield

SMG infiltrators are fine.
    • Up x 1
  6. AzureKnight

Yeah, the Inf is rather fine as it is currently. If you can't see them due to graphics reason, I guess that is reason for griping, but being aware of your surroundings really helps cut back on death by infiltrator. Learn the cloaking sounds of the factions and when you hear one that isn't yours, you better learn to be paranoid.
    • Up x 2
  7. DocteurVK

Already debated multiple times...

SMG infiltrators are surely powerfull when well played, but they are not omnipotent...

A bit of situational awareness and you'll be able to locate approximatively the infiltrator.

In last Resort, recon and radar devices can detect cloaked infils, It's the hard counter you should use when an infil is becoming annoying...

In brief :

SMG infiltrators are fine, you have to get better and get more situational awareness.
    • Up x 1
  8. NC_agent00kevin

I detect most infiltrators that way, and search them out using their own cloaking sounds. Most of them make so much noise because they cant bear to move without being 'invisible'.

If you see recon darts on the map but dont hear cloaking, you're dealing with a good infiltrator. This one knows that his darts are the best tool, not the cloak.
    • Up x 1
  9. AdmiralArcher

most entertaining thing to do is be a stalker infil and troll people by sitting on the cpa point somewhere that they arnt looking
  10. Meeka

Really, there's only one way you get killed by an Infil with a SMG... they either out played you, out aimed you, or you weren't paying attention to what's around you.
  11. Dieter Perras

The reason infiltrators are despised is because to be effective they must kill you without your really even realizing they were there, which is very very frustrating.

Its like getting armor camped or lolpoded, its something that kills your really fast with you having virtually no way to stop.
  12. Meeka

Luckily, most Infiltrators fail in being able to do this.
  13. Dieter Perras

\
    not against me, I'm on low graphics so they could practically be tea bagging my face and I still won't see them :(
  14. Akeita

L2P problems.
    • Up x 2
  15. maudibe

If you think it is so easy, try it yourself. I play infil a lot becuase it is the only way to avoid getting spammed by air and tanks when your base is being overrun. If the base is not overrun then i go as an HA with more options. So if you think its so great going out as a cloaker by all means run out and get shot and die quick because almost anyone looking can see you. I see em all the time and shoot em. As a cloaker you have less heath so you will lose every single direct confrontation you have with anyone unless they are horrible shots and you aim for their head. Next, the minute you are shooting someone else their buddiys will shoot you and since you have very little health, they win. Next anyones gun will outmatch your SMG at more than 20 feet away cause your 125 damage drops off to nothing at any real distance. So just sit back and use that mid-long range gun and spam the doorways and building corners and anyplace the other side is coming from and you'll be sure to hit me a few times so my health is almost nothing by the time i get over to where you are and then you can complain i snuck up on ya. Try it sometimes and see how it works. You want safety? only join zergs where you have vastly superior numbers, If anything, i hate the pistols that one shot you in thead. My SMG (all smgs are 9mm pretty much) cant 1 shot you, so how can a .357 or .45 one shot you? The commissioner (a pistol) does 2 or 3 times the damage of a light machine gun - YA RIGHT. This is total fantasy land.
  16. evilduck

attesting namd3 a l2p problem is pretty funny
    come to woodman and play a bit against him and his guys and you will realize pretty fast that they definetly have no l2p problems

in my opinion hes right, smg infiltrators are pretty lame.
    and the "you can see them miles away" crowed is just hyperbowling much. any decent infiltrator gets invisible by using the cloak in conjunction with his surroundings and poof hes gone... nearly impossible to find unless you KNOW where he is hiding

in my personal opinion (feel free to bash me as you like) cloaking is just a legitimate cheat and shouldnt be in any game. games like arma with gilly suits and functioning camo is the way to go, getting invisible is just meh...

@ namd3: step up your game! magic is my number one killer now. go and show him :p
  17. Midnightmare

How about you play in higher settings or open your eyes :p?
  18. Astraka

A well played SMG Infiltrator is on par with a well played Light or Heavy Assault. The only difference is that the SMG Infiltrator is a lot more annoying to fight against. If you're really having trouble pull out a Automatic or Pump Shotgun with a Darklight Flashlight.
  19. iller

I didn't see any specific mention of "Stalker + SMG" though... Hmm. Nor anything implying it.... just that we infs can pop out of nowhere. Which really is true with a bit of luck, especially with Adren pump now.

SMG is still vastly superior to this new so-called rebuffed Stalker cloak. The choice is A) Hide near some point for several minutes with inifinite cloak b/c 2 to 3 people are still sweeping the building together and you'll never take down more than 1 at a time b/c all you have is a Pistol. Or B) roll SMG and just kill everything instantly once you're behind them with that bullet hose. (that also has a Silencer??)

The only thing that can mess up "B" is the sound of the cloak itself, which "A" ironically suffers from even WORSE due to having to get even closer to a target for the Knife-followup. Or unless they're using that stupid crossbow and their targets don't move after the first shot. I really think the SMG Rambo style vs. Stalker "gear" needs to be brought closer together, either by making Stalker decloak a lot more silent even when directly behind someone, or by putting a slightly longer delay upon decloaking from HUNTER before an SMG'er can start firing so that they're a lot more vulnerable immediately after being discovered by anyone using a Dark"torch".
  20. Astraka

This is what I wanted the cloak to be like, minus the Darklight. With some obvious buffs to visibility across all stages it would simply be a means of moving from A to B, not a gimmicky ambush-disappear maneuver. Of course that'd have to come with weapon availability buffs and our health being normalized with the other classes.

As much as I love stealth classes, the instant-win ambushes can be a major fun ruiner I think.