[Suggestion] Small number at the bottom right of the ASP icon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AntDX316, Apr 24, 2022.

1. AntDX316

Small number at the bottom right of the ASP icon would be nice when in the Social menu.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Otherwise you get thrown into the mix of the other ASP2 people who aren't anywhere near 100.
    The purpose is for people to identify who knows what they are talking about at an instant.

There still isn't the letter their squad and number when people are talking. Their BR-icon and letter such as Delta 6 should show as D-6 instead of just 6 and the color of the squad which looks super similar w/ default color settings.

People will not recognize your orders as a Platoon Leader as usually people do not press P to see who is talking on another squad. I want instant recognition for people who know what they are talking about as usually new players come along and insist they are correct and tell everyone in platoon chat why they are "right" without taking into consideration they are only taking 30% of what happens in the game and the history of what could happen in the game.

Basically members non-leaders will gravitate towards the people who they have rapported with and other people will feel you have no idea what you are talking about further alienating any good orders you have.

Sure, this is a charisma problem but having what I've proposed should solve this problem quickly especially if there is a Mentor Logo too with the number on the bottom right of that as well.

I really hate when I have to re-explain "who I am" to every new person. I just want it to be seen so we can move on efficiently.

I've stopped caring too much what the final results of an alert is going to be. It sucks when you try so hard to get people to where they need to be, only to be insufficient because most of the people didn't follow, we lose the alert by 1-2% missing a point by 20 seconds when it should've been done 2 minutes ago.

It was easy when putting stuff in /command chat that the other Leaders with lots of squads end up going to the base shown in /command chat but now people hardly do that.

I was expecting the new modernized UI to have this but apparently it has gone the other direction.

Despite any changes to the game both good and especially bad, I adapt but the problems I see for addressment can solve problems for everybody else who doesn't bother to say one word about the problem, plays, and just quits.

When people come to my Discord they realize there is good info rather than me having to explain every single time. I do not want to explain to every new person "look at me" and realize I know what I'm talking about instead of them possibly questioning it. It would be cool if you can add notes for people to see when they first join the platoon/squad so they know what to expect, they know what the Leadership is going to be about, and who updated that Message otherwise they would think the Leadership is going to be a certain way but it was that the Squad/Platoon Leader left.

I need people to know at times, if it's super early on the alert we don't have to be anywhere.
    I need people to know if we are going to 100% lose an alert to just have fun.
    I need people to know we cannot control everybody.
    I need people to know we can try our best and still lose, it doesn't mean we are garbage.
    I just need people to know we can only do so much.
    There are different methods that dynamically change according to what is happening on the map.
    Assigning specific squads to cover a certain base is not the only way to successfully Lead.
    Just because second-by-second leading isn't happening, it doesn't mean I just played the game yesterday.

All this can be found for those who go to my Discord but that is beyond the first couple of steps of trust and interest. The first step to get instant credibility is to implement what I've said earlier on this post.