Slow Heavies by 25%

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by haniblecter, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haniblecter

2. Shanther

Speed up Heavies by 25%.
    • Up x 4
  3. _itg

Make Heavies the same speed by 25%.
    • Up x 7
  4. Halathorn

[Suggestion] Allow a 25% thumbs up. I only "kind of like" this comment.

• Up x 2
  5. andy_m

• Up x 3
  6. NinjaKirby

25 Heavies run faster when fighting together.

We will call this new ability, "Heavy Assault: Pack Instinct".
    • Up x 1
  7. HadesR

Leave them as is and slow them by an extra 25% when shield is active ..
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

No.

Removing adrenaline pump from infiltrators and light assaults and giving it to them for free however would be a good idea.
  9. Klypto

Sorry, I like my class being superior.
  10. ColonelChingles

HA's should be slower than LAs and Infiltrators... and probably Medics too. Carrying around a LMG and Rocket Launcher ought to be supremely heavy.

No LMGs should ever have a faster ADS movement speed than "faster" weapons, such as an assault rifle or carbine. Sure some LMGs might have faster ADS movement than other LMGs, but no LMG ought to have faster ADS movement than any assault rifle.

LMGs should take significantly longer to reload than assault rifles (except maybe the 55-rounders). HAs should have to rely on teammates to provide covering fire during the longer reloads, and catching a HA while they are reloading should be an easy win.
    • Up x 2
  11. gartho33

hate much? Ideal on paper =/= possible in practice.... there is far more for you to consider on an open field than a single heavy reloading...
  12. Halathorn

Give Light assaults Sniper rifles, Infiltrators rocket launchers, put dual vulcan's on the sunderer, and give everyone access to Orbital Strike.

My above comment is as ridiculous as this thread.

If you are going to make a topic don't just say "TITLE". Explain yourself, and why you think its a good idea.
    • Up x 3
  13. Crator

Only if they get an increase in armor.
  14. Casterbridge

I thought your class was "Vanguard"?
  15. ColonelChingles

In my view LMGs are essentially squad support weapons... not really designed for the type of combat that most HAs are involved with now. If we had actual working bipods, then I think LMGs should be fairly unwieldy and difficult to control... until they were deployed from a fixed position. Then they would be like vehicle Kobalts, able to sustain accurate fire over a long period of time. Pretty much a machinegun nest, not unlike the Engineer AI MANA turret.

As such the HA would be moving with a squad, relying on teammates to keep them supplied but also to help cover them when they have downtime. And they ought to have a significant amount of downtime, to make up for that serious firepower.

The class of exempted LMGs would be the "run and gun" types which are essentially overgrown assault rifles. Although these would not be as mobile or controllable as actual assault rifles, they would be more user-friendly than the other LMGs. But still their overall emphasis would be on limited suppressive power, which is why you'd use one instead of an assault rifle.

There simply needs to be a role reversal, where your riflemen Combat Medics should be the most common infantry on the field, not the ubiquitous HA LMG gunner that everyone and their mother enjoys pulling. LMGs should be for very specific situations, limited by their downsides, instead of the general-purpose weapons that we have now.
  16. DG-MOD-02

Please keep posts constructive as suggested within the Forum Guidelines.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.