Slight increase to AI turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Orpheus66, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Orpheus66

I mean slight increase to damage. It just seems right now the only way to get a kill is to open up on someone and not miss till i over heat to get a kill.

I think a damage increase with an faster over burn would be great. I get a lot of assist kills but never actually any kills unless a friendly and i are shooting the same target or the target is already injured.
  2. Bitter cup o' joe

It isn't as quick to kill as something else, but you've cover and you can fortify a staircase just fine.
    Not all teamplay relies on the amount of kills
    • Up x 1
  3. DocteurVK

A better improvement could be to allow it to be deployed on a more angulous terrain (why should this have a tripod if it can't be stabilized on uneven terrain?)

I'd also like the ability to stick it to fences / borders - with maybe reducing the shield on it to balance it better.
    • Up x 2
  4. BlackbookPS

I have a near max certed AI turret, it can hold down staircases like nothing else outside of a Max with 3 engineers repairing it.

When I am holding down the Bio Lab generator doorway from the staircase, with 2 NC Maxes afraid to enter then you can tell how powerful it is.

With stairways you have the benefit of line of sight. I can see your legs and feet and shoot.

You can't see mine.

The AI Turret also always gets me some kills when the spawn room shields come down after a destroyed SCU. More than 2 kills is a good trade for a life.

I could last longer but all the noobs can't cover doorways with crossfire!!!

AFAIK the AI Turret is probably just a Kobalt Vehicle gun, the TTK seems really similar.

On a side note the Kobalt is the best pure AI vehicle weapon out there at 100 certs.
  5. Zazulio

I love this idea. Really, I've got no major beef with the current AI turret's operation. Setting it up offensively can be very tricky, but if you use it defensively in a good position, it can be very satisfying to use. However, the placement of it just gets so damn wonky and arbitrary! You can't set it up on even moderately uneven terrain, you can't set it up front of a rail, you can't set it up in front of a window. The only thing the AI MANA turret really needs to improve its overall usability, in my opinion, is easier placement.
    • Up x 1
  6. Quiiliitiila

Yup, you both hit it on the head. I'd go back to the AI turret in a heartbeat if I could actually set the damn thing up in more than like 2 places. It gets REALLY annoying trying to place it... Well just about anywhere. It even seems that there is a no set zone close to walls and such, because I can NEVER get that thing set up next to a wall for cover... I always have to end up running out into the open until it turns green to place it. WTF?
  7. Khaeil

I think AI turret should be able to be setup in rougher terrain as well. As a balancing for this, maybe increase the cone of fire when setup on rougher terrain. Justification: it isn't perfectly planted, so the recoil will have a more significant negative impact. Color code the turret "ghost" when you are trying to place it. Green = functions just like now, yellow = some negative impact for uneven terrain, orange = larger negative impact, red = still cant place because ground is far to step.