SLI/General performance tips

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ghost_Leader, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Ghost_Leader

First of all,I'm using a laptop to play PS2. *avoids pitchforks
    The laptop is Lenovo Y510p.Specs:

CPU: I7 4700MQ @2,4Ghz
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: 2xGT755M 2GB in SLI

It's not the best and certainly isn't as good as a decent gamign PC,but I'd expect to be able to get at least 30-40 FPS with everything on low with those parts.Sadly that's not always the case.Performance has been dropping for me in the latest months and SLI has been basically broken.I seem to get more FPS with one GPU rather than two,which wasn't the case before.Which really sucks as the single 755M isn't enough to handle the game well,but even then it doesn't get fully utlized(GPU usage stays at 70% or so).So,can you share me some tips on how to get SLI to work a bit better and some general performance tips?
  2. Napsterbater

Its probably your CPU thats the Bottleneck not the GPU.

This game is CPU heavy, Not GPU.
  3. Ghost_Leader

I know it's CPU heavy,but the problem is the game isn't even utilizing my CPU properly.My CPU usage is between 30 and 40% on all my cores and GPU usage is around 50%.And overclocking isn't much of an option on a laptop CPU.
  4. Napsterbater

But its probably hitting 100% on 1 or 2, This game like a lot can only use a few cores, That is why this game prefers fewer faster Cores then more slower cores.
  5. Octiceps

ThrottleStop + 200 MHz OC on CPU

Alan Wake SLI profile (0x03500005)

Fullscreen 1080p 100% RQ, V-Sync off, 2000m render distance, High overall quality w/Ultra textures

HUD off

Should get you consistent 40-60 FPS, great SLI scaling (99% GPU usage on both cards), vastly reduced hitching, and no more CPU bottlenecks.