Skyguard Worst Cert In Game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainQQ, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Morpholine

Let's see....how about forward grip on a bolt-action sniper rifle?
    • Up x 1
  2. Duff_Chimp

Surely mineguard on a flash is less useful?
    • Up x 1
  3. Rec0n412

Flashlight.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kwanza

I have no problem hitting things the ranger but a high orbit lib overhead? Can't hit it, even if it's directly above me. Don't think that's a drop issue. I do know it has drop but I also know it has the best optical indicators of drop out of all the vehicles in game. I have no problem hitting things so long as they're in range - and again dmg is a whole other story.
  5. smokemaker

skyguard was my worst cert investment. In my minds eye, this should have been the go to AA platform, but currently, I spawn AA max instead.
  6. Fa7h3r

i will not say is the best thing, but is not the worst. I can drop ESF just fine with it, just need to wait for the right moment. What i normally do is try to bait them, i don't shoot everything that is flying what is not a thread to me or my team around. I provide support to ground troops first, and 2nd to my own air.

my 0.02
  7. Draf

^ yes and when an ennemy ESF decide to kill you he just can when he wants to.

my 0.02
  8. Fa7h3r

^ is a two way street right?
  9. Duff_Chimp

BS. Pretty sure you either have to hover or fly directly at your target. If your an AA max or a skyguard you should kill him before he kills you.
  10. Blackinvictus

Agree, buffing it so cry baby forum whining, FOTM, easymode pete could hop in and **** with it instantly would be an insult to all (few) of us who sucked it up, stuck with it, and actually took the time to learn how to use it.

Its fine the way it is. 25-50 increase to mag size would be all the love we would need. Hell I would gladly pay whatever amount of certs for that!
  11. Draf

If the ESF sneak up to get closer enough to the skyguard for the rear he will destroy it. I actually do this a lot as an ESF pilot, and as a SG driver I know this is quite impossible to counter.
  12. Duff_Chimp

Did you try watching the skies? If you get sneaked up on its because you weren't watching your own ***, gg.
  13. Zorro

It is the worst certification if one attaches a flashlight to it.
  14. MasterD

It's still garbage. For some reason the devs thing that spending 200 certs on AA should still only be considered a deterent and not a hard counter. I don't understand why we can not have a legit HARD COUNTER to ESF. Libs and Galaxies I understand since they cost more resources and generally have more people manning them but ESF. I think we should be able to kill them as fast as they can kill us. In 1 fly by / go by.

I will admit when they did the last AA changes it really buffed it's ability to kill infantry and to somewhat defend itself against heavies. That was so needed due to the fact that it use to just be a rolling tissue dispensing box.
  15. Luighseach

Even with stealth you start firing at the ESF and it laughs and runs away. Doesn't help imo. The only way you are effective with a skyguard is if the enemy ESF is trying to rocketpod and he is attacking from the front and you light him up the whole time...but anyone left in the sky is not that dumb.

Or another good tactic is to roll in packs of AA with skyguards and ESFs and you use the ESFs to draw in the enemies and destroy them.

Also someone noted mobility but it's incredibly hard to hit an ESF while sitting still much less doing it on the move. If you mean fire then move then I understand but either way a burster is more effective in most situations.
  16. Tharrak

It's a horrible waste of Smedbucks. Was low on ammo and on my way to refill, and could barely scratch a PARKED and ABANDONED Reaver with my last 100 or so rounds. :p

---
  17. Draf

Well explain me why I can do this all day long with my ESF ? Maybe every SG pilots are idiots but the SG itself is fine ?
  18. KjarAchran

I use it just fine. I do see a lot of people who don't understand how to use it. You have to let the ESF's come close, give them a false sense of security. When they're close, you just open fire... usually solves the problem.

Most people see an ESF in the distance and open fire, then wonder why they didn't hit anything and run off to the forum saying it sucks.
  19. KariH

Skyguard is worst teamplay killer.

if you want points just wait a specific moment-->your teammate is perhaps killed.
    If you want to protect teammates - just shoot every aicraft close enough -->not so many points.

AA MAX:s one strength is that it can support team far.

Unfortunately MAX:s ability to hit high flying libs are removed.
  20. Animae Vox

I bought the skyguard yesterday, and I love it, its more of a support role the way I see it, And I got a good amount of kills from it, its just the positioning you put yourself into, what and who your fighting, and of course the aiming!