[BUG] Sky shield, silo's cortium depletion rate, new cortium tap and non-engineer shouting

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mr. Thoughtful, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

Sky shield has already been mentioned i'm sure. How it keeps going on, off and repeat. Seems like cortium is also depleting too fast from the silo now. The cortium tap can't be filled at all(10k storage) And lastly what i find quite irritating is when you're for example as a stalker and you start shouting out with a promise to provide repairs, giving away your position nicely to the enemy :) This shouting however only happens when another ally is around. Umm... help?
    • Up x 3
  2. Mr. Thoughtful

UPDATE* Probably disregard the part where i mentioned the silo eating up cortium too fast.
  3. FateJH

If the yelling is automatic, that is, you don't manually trigger it with button or interaction, then it's just something heard between allies. That's the convention automatic vocal callouts are supposed to be following anyway.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mr. Thoughtful

Yep it's auto triggered. Didn't know enemies can't hear it, thanks for replying.
  5. FateJH

Embarrassing as it may seem, I have to clarify my own definition.

User action alone is not a deciding factor in the scope of a callout. Whether the callout is an essential aspect of the effect, such as with spotting, determines if it will be heard by enemies as well as allies. Spotting identifies a target and states a location. (My question is whether anyone hears anything during those intervals where you spot something and doritos are placed but no one sounds off on your end.) Grenade tossing, by contrast, produces an ally-only callout because the vocal portion is not an important aspect of the action. A few actions and responses also produce text chat components but that is not a deciding factor for the audible yelling; in any case, I can not think of an example where something automatically added to your text chat window will lead to your enemies knowing you are there.