Skeet shooting in Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoldierHobbes, Dec 19, 2014.

1. SoldierHobbes

So I can't be the only person who realized that you can shoot rockets out of the air mid-flight, right? I've been able to shoot down G2A rockets from the tail gun of a Liberator with a walker and even intercept pesky pheonixes with my infantry rifle that were going for my Magrider. This is always extremely fun to do and presents quite a bit of challenge to pull off correctly. Now I'm not making this thread as a plea to change any of that, but I would like to get a small amount of XP for shooting a rocket out of the air. If anything I think it would be cool to have that in the directives somehow. Either way, I think I'm probably going to make skeet shooting a little hobby of mine in planetside. Maybe one day I can snipe pheonixes and lockons with bolt-actions for sport. Lol, though I doubt that will happen.
  2. SoldierHobbes

Oh yeah, and does anyone know if only lockons and Pheonixes are able to be shot down or ANY kind of rocket can be shot out of the air? Just wondering and seeing if anyone would want to test that.
  3. BobSanders123

I don't believe any other rocket is capable of being shot down other than the Phoenix.
  4. SoldierHobbes

I
    No, I know you can shoot lockons. As I said, I've done it quite a few times in the tail gun of a Liberator using a walker. I'm just wondering if dumbfires can be shot down, or things like ravens and coyotes can be shot down as well.