SIMPLE SOLUTION TO GET RID OF HACKERS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by akayds, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Bill

Very good idea, I would also advice GM's to check all haters under this topic do they personally use hacking tools, as scores may by very accurate.
  2. Bill

You can change your own MAC at any time, it is just deep in settings.
  3. ferelferret

Something needs to be done about them...and the first company that comes up with a good way of detecting and banning them ( maybe via the OPs suggestion or as also mentioned a hardware MAC scan ) then they could sell the idea to other game companies and more than make up the costs of R&D.
    One problem with the card statement is that it is easy to call the card issuer ( or bank if a debit card ) and report it lost or stolen and get a new card issued in under 7 days. Then the hacker just creates a new account and carries on.
    Paypal have some sort of security system where they can tell which PC is being used when a payment is made maybe something along these lines is needed.
  4. DirArtillerySupport

Never really had a problem with hackers I just wish they were more inventive. Their hacks are boring and obvious and not at all entertaining....now watching a god mod Galaxy whip across the sky at warp 7 smashing through a group of hovering enemy liberators like bowling pins? That's FUNNY!!

Sony had no problem packing servers with credit card users for years....and we were paying 50 cents a day whether you played or not. It kept people honest and responsible for their actions. In the end boredom and hackers will kill this game faster than any security check. The anonymity barrier must be broken because there is no way SOE can keep up with the hackers and still make money. They are out numbered and out gunned and this a war of attrition with a determined enemy. We should also remember that the real money is in the consoles and they have several layers of built in protection. So who is SOE going to invest in? The console users or the low rent beta testers?
  5. John_Aitc

@Vulcan78 - I first encountered invincible players on Briggs. At first, I thought it was a bug or something, but as I kept respawning, I encountered the players friends that were in the same base and also seemed impervious to my bullets. I could unload a full clip from my TMG-50 into their back only to have him turn around and kill me.I finally reported one of them and left the base and continent.

We know the command exists because we have seen Clegg use it on FNO.

I hope this is not a new advance in cheating. I am still shaky from the days when someone could type a command and blow up all sunderers in a hex or region.
  6. A3DELITIST

Yes you can change the MAC of network adapters using software, you are correct in fact this is something that hackers use on PS2 they have to change their MAC as it gets banned once they use a hack in PS2. I should have thought about that earlier when i mentioned the idea but i forgot.

Perhaps another way of identifying your setup, like when you change your GPU or motherboard and windows kicks off asking to be activated, just some way of noting a persons rig and giving it an id and making a log if this system is used to run an aimbot in game.

Im sure there is some way of doing this, perhaps a similar technique to what is used in implementing DRM with games.
  7. A3DELITIST

You should do a little search on Google, i cant link you to the place im thinking off because im very sure it would be breach of TOS here but there is somewhere i have been reading last few days and its quite sad how many people actually use exploits.

A whole forum dedicated, lots of people using exploits on PS2, lots.
  8. Camycamera

well, i have not seen any since launch.
  9. A3DELITIST

Your lucky then.
  10. MajiinBuu

The only hack that has affected me is on one occasion a galaxy came out of hyperspace and bursting through my poor sunderer.
    I never stood a chance.
  11. iRepair

Possibly the most dumbest, unthoughtful idea ever proposed to rid a game of hackers cheaters.
    Did you even take the time to think through your own idea before you went to post it here?

First of all, it WOULDN'T make a difference to the cheater problem, and secondly of all, it WOULD harm Sony's business.
  12. DashTech

Didn't read the thread - but in terms of security and such. You can do a one-way cryptographic hash as they would have no need to reverse the card number. For those like me who still wouldn't want to hand over details, you simply allow people to enter in a pre-hashed value and publish the specifications for what hashing routine you want to use.

Of course, changing your credit card number isn't too hard - and nor is generating a fake one. The only way to validate is to process it - which would stop the above.
  13. lambusado

Last time I checked, no real or intelligent parents wuld let you use a credit card number for a game

AND btw, most of the guys you call hackers are guys who are lagging and also it is when you are lagging.
    This game works on client detection and if you cannot send the info properlythey wont take damage. If they cannot take the info properly, they also will not take any damage.

when this happens, try to find if you or the servers are lagging and you might find the cause. If you see someone hacking just press Page Up and record, cause all we know, you might be one of them.
  14. rhan101277

I emailed a developer about this and he/she said that the ban dozens, maybe hundreds daily. They have background programs looking into this activity and they get banned.
  15. Sanguius

On any given day I'm shot through walls, through ceelings, through floors by people. Problem is, I still don't know (despite asking more than once) how to report a hacker. Getting pretty sick and tired of it tbh.
  16. ericray

The simple solution to get rid of hackers should come from SOE. They seriously need to implement some anti-hacking watchdog system in the game (or improve it if they have one which they most probably do). Well they log like 1 million terabytes of data every second, why can't they just simply analyze the data for any abnormalities?? There are still movement cheats. i mean programming 101 dude
  17. Neuromancer

You're not going to find away to clear out the cheaters, when there are a number of high BR ones out there that are still active.

So many BR 100's used exploits, or hacks, to get there. Not all, of course. I'm not suggesting it's some huge conspiracy, but there are a number of them. There's a BR 100, playing from New Zealand, on an East Coast US server, knowing full well that he can warp and shoot through mountains. He's been doing it since the game started, and everyone knows it.

There are BR 100's that made another faction character to kill and res, over and over, and they're still here. These are the type of people that think K/D is something to brag about, no less. I can't name people in the forums, but they are names you might recognize, and obvious stat padders. Just google who had some absurd number of kills against one faction's medics, and you'll get the a good example. There's another that flat out admitted to using a wall glitch to shoot people while remaining invincible. There were stat padders that showed themselves using the invisible bomber bug, and exploiting it, on youtube. These are things you can google yourself, so don't PM me asking for the names. They know who they are, and so does a lot of the community.

The fact is, whether you use a credit card to keep track of who is who, it won't matter if people don't even get banned for cheating in the first place.

I would rather that they fix the exploiters first, regardless of how well known they try to pretend they are, and then work on the hacks. It's generally the exploiters that cause more problems. I don't see nearly as many aimbotters as I see people that exploit their certs and stats, and continue to do so, yet haven't been banned for it.