Simple logistics idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sulsa, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Sulsa

What if vehicles, when pulled from the Warpgate, cost no nanites?

We see plenty of discussions on how to make PS2 more 'interesting' when it comes to troop/armor movement.
    Would this help or not?
    Just curious on thoughts.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

That would allow people to throw ESFs at Warpgate camp parties at an even faster rate.

Edit: Come to think of it, since ESFs can cross the continent in just over a minute and you always have a spawn point back at your Warpgate, why would you ever pull Air anywhere else?
    • Up x 2
  3. Taemien

I kinda sorta like the idea. Its thinking outside the box. This sort of thing would definitely help avoid snowballing (winning factions win even more as they win) if they re-introduce resource gain by territory.

I guess we could apply it only to ground.

One thing I would do is put a cooldown on it. If you pull a vehicle within the cooldown, it cost nanites as normal.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

i'd be cool with ground vehicles having no cost from warp gates, it would also make it less easy for a zerg to warpgate you, when you can throw tank after tank at them,

yus, good idea Sulsa :)
  5. TherealScrable

No.Zerging would be far easier to do and in addition to that it could also hurt the company. Actually thinking about it, I had never problems with pulling vehicles or anything. Either you are wasting your vehicles all the time or, I don't know. I definetly disagree with making nanites free at the warpgate.

What would be a similiar mechanic and a better one: NTUs for all bases except warpgates.
    • Up x 1
  6. Sulsa

I have only ever had a few issues pulling vehicles when I was doing alot of consumable work trying to stop a zerg or whatever.
    Unlimited air could be an issue but if everyone has unlimited air from the warpgate, does it matter?
    True but ultimately what do those parties accomplish in the long run? It's more just a fun break from the continental grind.
    Would 1/2 off nanite cost be better? Then you still are pretty much on the 'unlimited' side of things with the nanite replenishment rate. Maybe the nanite replenishment rate should drop then?
    Maybe free ground and 1/2 off air?
  7. AZAN

I think this is the wrong sort of logistics to be adding to the game. This is the bit where you spend 10 minutes driving across the map in exchange for a free vehicle. Frankly that's a little tedious and unlikely to be undertaken in most cases since you can actually get enough nanites to buy the vehicle anyway in the time it would take you to drive. Better to remain at the front and contribute as an inf while saving up than take yourself completely out of the fight.

I agree with the principle of adding logistics though. Personally I want something done to change redeploy to make that cost nanites. Then galaxies and transports actually would be used since the nanite cost of reploying an entire platoon would be enormous.
  8. Liewec123

not really, pull a racer with after burner, you're across the map in a minute,
    i think air would become to populated if this idea was added
  9. AZAN

Was referring to ground units since I said 'driving'. Sulsa already mentioned modifying the idea to simply reduce air vehicle costs, not make them free.
  10. Sulsa

Yeah it's an idea that creates a bunch of different issues with the way nanites and buying things are handled currently.
    I intentionally left it short to see if there really is a solution to adding a bit more logistical consideration to the game.
    One large issue against the 'WG Free' thing is simply the amount of bases that need to be traversed through and defended/captured.
  11. Reclaimer77

This suggestion REMOVES any semblance of "logistics" left in the game honestly.

I'm just...baffled. The resource system already allows you to spam vehicles with zero thought to cost. Why do we need free ones?
  12. OldMaster80

I agree. Logistics in planetside 2 do not exist and resources system allows to make a massive use of vehicle even without a subscription. Personally I point my finger against Redeploy and the reinforcement system.

My only comment is this idea would change nothing. People wouldn't spawn a mbt to the wapgate to save resources that can be regenerated in 5 minutes.
    • Up x 1