Silly trick for pilots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cute-CandyPants, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Cute-CandyPants

i fount this pretty funny,but if you dont want to give those rocket pod n00bs pilots exp just do this

quickly deconstruct your vehicle in mid air.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cute-CandyPants

this will most likely get fixed though in upcoming patch's :p
  3. Shadowflare

Some guy did this with a sunderer I was rocketing the crap out of. Got it down to burning and was about to fire the last rocket and he deconstructed it.
  4. Zaik

I've done it to my tanks to troll liberator gunners several times. It probably shouldn't let you deconstruct an "in combat" vehicle though.
  5. Shadowflare

Probably some sort of "You can't deconstruct if the vehicle has taken damage in the last X amount of time after taking damage."
  6. Monnor

Who the hell shoot fighters with rocket pods down ? I use my vortek rotary.
  7. SuperLexatron

I have made a topic on this ''Suicide is painless'' but I will just post it here as well...

People jumping out of air vehicles/crashing them to intentionally deny to attacker his/her exp is just plane wrong ;)

It is done out of pure spite. Sometimes you might be in a dogfight for anything from 30 seconds to 2 minutes - only to have that time pretty much wasted by some guy who has no sense of sportsmanship (or evidently, skill)

Oh but it gets worse, it's possible to deny the attacker of ALL possible exp... by doing this...

This must be changed, it is absolutely unacceptable. It removes a huge amount of enjoyability from the game from the eyes of a pilot.

-If someone bails because they are LA and can jet-pack, then great - they gave up the option to repair.
    -If someone has certed into cowardice, sorry I mean ejection - then great, they gave up equivalent certs to do that.
    -If someone bails knowing they will die, they are only doing it to spite the pilot - and haven't given up anything in the process.

Suggestions:

1) The last person to do damage to the player before they die, is granted the kill.
    2) The person to do the most amount of damage on the player, before they die, is granted the kill.
    3) Make ejection a 3-4 second sequence that locks all controls of the vehicle (unless certed into).
    4) Make deconning a vehicle impossible to do within 15 seconds of it taking damage. (mechanics already in the game, bloody apply it) This change also applies to ground-vehicle deconning for the same purposes.
    5) Dramatically increase the exp granted for killing air vehicles .

Before the inevitable crowd jumps in saying 'serves you right for using OP rocket pods' or something similar, while it is totally irrelevant to this subject, I will share a little story with you:

My good friend, and wing-man used to roll with A2A missiles - helped to keep most pilots at bay. Time upon time I would hear him rage because he would be denied the kill, and often the exp as well (apparently most people just bail when they see the lock-on).

You know what he said? ''**** this i'm going A2G''.

Instead of him clearing the skies of these rocket pod users, much like he wanted to... he's now just 'turned to the dark side' and farms kills with Pods.

Fix it. Fix it now. Ruins fun for pilots.

OR let's all just ignore each other in the skies and pound the ground, better exp, more kills, less skill, it's a win-win situation.

The suggestions I give at best, alleviates some the rocket pod problems, and at worst does nothing to change balance/gameplay and serves to make it more enjoyable?
  8. Morro

Such innocence.
  9. Gambles

I love it. Counter balance abuse with your own.
  10. SuperLexatron

Abuse?

You realise it's this kind of stuff that only gives people more incentive to stick to ground-pounding - instead of clearing up the enemies ground-pounders?
  11. Gambles

It will be bad, then get worse, then be really really bad, then it will get fixed and by that time no one will care. Rocketpods I mean.
  12. VoidMagic

This needs fixing. If you can bail now... I suggest you do so. The more pilots complaining about this, the faster it is fixed. The best way to get Devs to address something... is by applying pressure to the area of discomfort untill all the patients screams can no longer be overlooked.
  13. Drueth

This would need to be tweaked for Galaxies though, where deconstruct-dropping a squad is a common tactic if you don't intend to use the Galaxy again.
  14. hostilechild

Lame chicken****s, whatever happened to going down with the ship :eek:

Its only a death and its not going to hurt your 90-1 k/d rating that much to stick around and fight!

Biggest advantage and reason it needs stopped is the resources regained by deconstructing so you can just go pull another vehicle quicker. (assuming timer is up which for most vehicles with good pilot/drivers it will be).
  15. Monnor

More like a better pilot, which never get hit from a slow unguided rocket.