Silencers, are they worth it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by thepackett, May 23, 2014.

1. m44v

Dunno if most players don't look at the minimap, I do and finding snipers is a lot easier thanks to the minimap ping, so I try to use silencers when the range allows it. Also it seems that suppressors is the only way to counter the awareness implant so there's that.
  2. DaninTexas

I rarely use them just because I love hearing my gun sound like something other than a slight gust of wind
  3. FieldMarshall

I really wish silencers removed the sound of the weapon entirely, to enemies beyond X meters.
    Remove the problem with some weapons being loud even with a silencer
  4. Taemien

I use suppressors on my Gauss Rifle (Assault Rifle) and Mercenary/Bandit (Carbine). While some might say thats ridiculous to use it on an engie or medic. It does allow me to engage enemies without a dozen shooting back. Though I do have to be mindful to remove them in longer distance fights.

The weapons I use them on aren't affected too much. But as I said, long range fights can kinda be hard. But not showing up on the minimap is a great boon in many situations.
  5. Arkenbrien

I want my enemies to hear the mighty pew-pew-pew of mah Beamer.
  6. ironeddie

I've always played as stealthy as possible and thought not appearing on the minimap was essential.

These days I run stalker infiltrator with a pistol and adrenaline pump. I don't feel the silencer is needed at all. It's easy to appear take the kill and hide again thanks to stalker. If anything appearing on the minimap is helpful as it often attracts a new victim into my web.
  7. Prudentia

there are 3 types of Players
    Those who don't have situational awareness
    Those who check their minimap
    Those who WILL find you

silencer protects completly from the second type and allows you to stay alive a bit longer to get some more kills off.