Silencer sucks on the Trap

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Dragonblood, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Dragonblood

Is it just me or does the silencer really have a super bad impact on the trap. The lower bullet speed makes me miss the follow up shots in burst mode. With silencer it feels like a low range only weapon instead of a flexible one that can adjust to the range by switching the firemode.
  2. Cromell

To be fair silencers suck on almost every weapon that is not an smg. :p
  3. Maljas23

Disagree. Trap is one of two weapons on the TR that actually is silenced with a suppressor. You can hear thing thing from miles away without one, and because it sounds so different from other weapons, it is easily heard through the chaos. Not to mention that it is extremely loud.

Suppressed? Its like a stapler going off.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dragonblood

But I actually like that sound loud sound in comparion to the stapler sound.

Anyway is there someone willing to test the silencer mechanics on the trap. It would be nice to know, if I just imagening things.
  5. Hoki

I've had no problem with it, and like Maljas23, its one of the two weapons I'm willing to silence. The other one being the xbow.

This is my new go-to infiltration weapon, cause its amazingly good with a silencer.
  6. DevDevBooday

Yeah I found that too. Normally it fires at 600 metres per second, shot delay is almost non existent at the TRAPs effective range, yet when i put on my suppressor I was literally getting killed before my bullets impacted on target.
  7. Mustarde

Most weapons are lackluster when suppressed, especially scout rifles (trap is functionally a scout rifle). You can make them work but I find better performance by leaving them unsuppressed, unless I am tower stomping or sitting in a nice campy spot. This isn't much of a revelation, nor is it something that needs to be fixed. Not sure why this thread was made or exists tbh.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dragonblood

I can literally see my bullets slowly missing their target, when I use the silencer.
  9. Cromell

...then don't use the suppressor.
  10. Dragonblood

I just wanted to know, if someone else has got the same experience with the Trap. A gun that is kinda fun to play with. I love the firing sound that makes HAs melt.
  11. PsyStorm

12. salembeats

You copied this impression from me. :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Dragonblood

Yeah thx for that, now I always think at a stapler, when I fire that gun silenced.
  14. Dragonblood

Does anyone here use lasersights on the trap? Maybe it's hipfire worthy gun?
  15. cruczi

Any gun intended for medium range and below is hipfire worthy.
  16. MrMurdok

Disagree, a silenced TRAP will work nicely in shorter-than-the-usual ranges, but it still works.

On the flip side- who in their right minds would silence this thing? My C-10 Cannister Rifle goes BRRAT and people die.