Shutdown Reason: The9 Placeholder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soeguud, May 9, 2013.

1. soeguud

The server is shutting down in: 09m:59s. Shutdown Reason: The9 Placeholder
    The9 - Chinese publisher for Planetside 2.
    Are the Briggs servers really getting shafted just to test Chinese server things?
  2. FinnSimmons

All servers are going down afaik. If thats because of the Chinese idk. Some more info would be great SOE!!!
  3. CupBoy

All servers are down for maintenance as announced yesterday.
    • Up x 3
  4. EnviousCipher

Thanks. Thanks a lot, 30 minutes from the end of an alert we were winning and BOOM.

Seriously, this is just ******* great.
  5. Hypest

• Up x 1
  6. soeguud

I'd like SOE to work on their Shutdown reasons. This is stupid.
  7. Zamos

SOE devs are so incompetent that they cant print out a proper shut down message :eek::eek::eek:
  8. DDaly

said they were coming down on the hour, not 15 mins before and just ruined an alert we fought hard for
  9. CupBoy

Really, I'm sure you can find something bigger to complain about.
    • Up x 3
  10. soeguud

SOE should start with the little things. Also, we just got booted off so Forumside commence!
    • Up x 1
  11. Rhavon

They gave us plenty of notice and told us what it was for.

Really wish people would stop crying about every little thing.
    • Up x 4
  12. pucwyczes

They should at least mention some bugfixes, even if they didn't do any, so we know they don't care only about money.
  13. XRIST0

Dude its right there in the launcher ..

Server maintenance 9/5/2013

It was announced yesterday .

Agree .
    • Up x 1
  14. GrumpyArse

Whilst I understand your frustration, it has happened before to all factions at some point. Just have to carry on and look to the next alert.
  15. VanuSovereignty

It was just an alert. See past that temporary event and look into the future. (im very sorry you missed out on all of that xp you needed so badly that you won't get by doing something else later today /sarcasm)
  16. Steelpoint

I assume the main reason for the annoyance is the fact that the servers went down about 15 minutes before they were meant too, which also meant it would cut off the Alerts already in progress and nearing completion.
  17. Morsong

a wise man once told me "if you give 100 people a million dollars there will be that one person who ******* at you for not giving them a bag to carry it in"

some people will complain about anything and everything. some people just want to see the world burn. :confused:
    • Up x 2
  18. LoneMaverick

I imagine "the9 placeholder" was just that, a placeholder for the reason for the shutdown on the NINTH DAY OF MAY.
    People seeing conspiracy everywhere.
  19. MichaelS

it is 9. May hotfix. someone is lazy and did not replace the shutdown message from the The9 (May) Placeholder because they f' don't care.
  20. FinnSimmons

So when they made up the shut down message someone said put in [ The9 Placeholder ] for now. Then someone should have added something that would have given us more information later but forgot :eek: