Shredder nerf (-1/3 total damage)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Dec 18, 2013.

1. A Crispy Taco

Damn Sony... That is ******* harsh
    • Max Damage decreased from 375 to 250
    • Min Damage decreased from 225 to 143
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

But was it not only for infantry?

Btw its strange to see them acknowledge the existance of the liberator, and doing it by giving it a nerf. o_O
    • Up x 1
  3. WyrdHarper

Resist values were also changed so TTK isn't nerfed as badly as it appears.
  4. Blarg20011

Yeah, ouch. I'm assuming that it will still do about the same damage vs. vehicles, but, damn that is a reduction in damage vs. infantry.
  5. A Crispy Taco

"Just adjusting for resist change" is all it says. Doesn't mention anything about "Infantry" specific. Also the damage on the Liberator is 250-143 now. Check it out in the vehicle menu
  6. Gav7x

Hold on, there is a vehicle called liberator ?
    • Up x 1
  7. Blarg20011

Well, Infantry don't have resist values last time I checked (could be wrong) so it appears as if the Shredder received a major nerf versus infantry, even if its "real" damage remained the same versus vehicles.
  8. Dervishkid

Sometimes I think they lost their minds.
    What most call the nerf bat patch seems to prove it
    • Up x 1
  9. ROMNEYTRON

How can I gun for you now!
  10. Tommyp2006

SOE REALLY needs to start mentioning resist value changes and their effects in their patch notes.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blippy

They're reducing the damage since Nanoweave armor won't work for it anymore. Before anyone complains about damage nerfs against infantry, remember that infantry on average have less health now, so damage is being brought down to compensate.
  12. deggy

That's complete BS and everyone knows it.

They're nerfing vehicles against infantry because that's what Planetside 2 has become.
    • Up x 3
  13. Forlorn Hope

Its harder to kill infantry with the Shredder now. It's a nerf. The min damage change requires 2 more bullets to kill.

Shredder and Tankbuster were nerfed against AA/AV turrets as well even as they get additional resistances. So they are harder to kill as well.

Shredder is about as effective versus Armor and Air as before but I would consider it a fairly large nerf against infantry and turrets. Turrets which are free, require no certs and can be repaired endlessly.
  14. Nephera

I'll be honest here i had no idea people were using the shredder voluntarily.
  15. Kid Gloves

Shredder infantry damage nerf was done purely to counter the change to nanoweave, so the TTK against infantry is pretty much the same as its always been.

Turrets are tougher, but in honesty they kinda needed to be.

Shredder is still a great gun. The zephyr still sucks.
    • Up x 1
  16. A Crispy Taco

The Shredder is(was) the best weapon for the Liberator for these reasons. The Shredder let you deal damage to your target quickly and gave you instant feedback as to where your next shot needed to be because of the massive amount of tracers the Shredder throws out. This gives you consistent (although low) damage. Any damage dealt is better than NONE if you miss your shots. The Dalton might be able to 1 shot an ESF but any ESF that comes in close is bad. Truth about it, if you get close to a Lib as an ESF you are bad. Stop doing that. GOOD ESF pilots will stay back outside of the Dalton's effective range and just snipe you to death. The Shredder offer(ed) a counter to that tactic while also offering significant Anti-Armor capability and Anti-Infantry to boot. If I had a gunner who could land even 1/4 of the shots with Dalton at the ranges I am able to kill ESF with the Shredder I would be all over it, but it's just not consistent enough to want to risk losing Liberators by trading out the Shredder. Put the Magazine size upgrade to level 4 on the Shredder and be amazed. Ask anyone who flies against me how that Shredder feels.
  17. Gundem

The Shredder has the fastest TTK of any of the Liberator Belly Guns.

When talking a fully certed Dalton Vs. a fully certed Shredder, the Shredder will kill a Vanguard 3x faster. Literally, x3 faster.
  18. ABATTLEDONKEY

^^ This. this .....this.............this this this this this...................................................and more this
  19. Kid Gloves

Did the shredder's damage type change? Or did this damage nerf to counter NW (as the patch notes claimed) reduce its effectiveness against vehicles?