Should Spot be audible to enemy?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GaemOevr, Nov 27, 2012.

1. GaemOevr

Im kinda torn between spot call being audible to enemy.. part of me says its more realistic, and part of me says that using a small communication device on helmet could alert allies only and not be audible to enemy..
    maybe solution is to lower volume for enemy when they arent that close..idk

any thoughts?
  2. morbidillusion

I think it should, but not if you are an infiltrator. Maybe make it a cert option for the class.
  3. WilsonMG

Yes, for anyone/everyone. It's pretty realistic unless they've implanted telepathic brainwave-to-voice communications systems into our heads. :confused:
  4. Doc Pepper

They yell it out loud. It should be audible if they're within earshot. Not like it identifies exactly who is being spotted either.
  5. Grubfist

It IS audible.
    You can even tell what faction is saying it by the voices and words they choose.

For example, asking for healing:
    NC: "Is there a doctor in the house?"
    VS: "I NEED MEDICAL AID!"

There is also a voice difference between the factions. Listen out for it.
  6. Tipsy McStagger

I always assume that I have been spotted. It keeps me moving and aware.
  7. GaemOevr

thats the point, they yell it out...if they have a small communication device, they can whisper it and it can alert those in region thru earpiece..i mean they have nano tech..
    anytime i hear an enemy spot me or my allies, then i start spamming Q and find them..
    so much for covert scouting..
  8. Mrasap

Other people hearing you spotting is the only negative aspect of spotting and should therefore stay in my opinion. If anything, I'd like the enemy to be aware when they have been spotted.
  9. ScorpDK

I like dashing around the enemy base and hearing some voice yelling "Enemy Medic spotted!" then I round a corner, aim down my sight in the direction I come from and blast their brain full of bullets as they come around said corner. It's funny.
    I think the only class that should be able to spot without making as much fuzz should be the infiltrator, giving them a whisper mode or something, or just use noises or signal tones that work like Morse code, and get automatically turned into computer-voiced messages. Enemy players only hear the muffled tones or nothing at all.
  10. MaxDamage

I LOVE hearing an enemy voice calling out my class name. One of the coolest things about PS2 for me, among the other cool small things. It's like damn son, it's about to go down. Makes it sound like they have numerical advantage when they're bold enough to call it out. It's up to you to determine if they're bluffing or not.
    • Up x 1
  11. Helwyr

Spotting shouldn't make any noise and it shouldn't share the info with anyone outside your squad. would cut down on the voice spam and the taco spam.
    • Up x 1