Should I get Medical Applicator 5 or another assault rifle first?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by MeatLuver, Sep 10, 2013.

1. MeatLuver

I am a lvl 14 NC Combat Medic, and I am stuck between saving up for the medical applicator 5 (a.k.a. Jesus Gun) or a GD-22 with fore-ward grip, and 1x Reflex. Which one should i get first? thx!
  2. Van Dax

applicator.
    • Up x 7
  3. MeatLuver

srry i meant gr-22
  4. ColdCheezePizza

max the applicator first and then save for the Carnage, its a superior version of the GD-22 with less damage dropoff
  5. TheGatorfan2

Definatly the applicator, it is much more useful and the people you rez will greatly appreciate it. From there you should either get a 250 cert gun or a max level med tool. (it is a very noticeable upgrade from the 5th level) As for the gun, a Carnage with an adv grip is superior to a GR-22 with a grip for a general, all purpose gun. The GR-22 is more for CQC with an adv laser and soft point, as it's still amazing in CQC while still being decent in mid ranges (unlike SMGs and shotties). Oh, and the NC1 isn't a bad all purpose gun either, but the Carnage is a little better IMO.
  6. SirIBON

Take the Tool, as my previous speaker wrote.

The GR-22 and the Carnage are well for CQC.
    The NC Stock weapon, NC1 Gauss Rifle is also well (accurate, 167dmg, free).
    Myself stays with the NC1 Gauss Rifle at my NC Toon. I use Grip and NV.

On VS i use the HV-45, on TR i use the TAR.
    If i change the NC Weapon i would take the Carnage instead of the GR-22.
  7. Qasar

Applicator hands down. That's your money maker right there and the final level is definitely worth it. You'll get certs even faster and that gun you want will come about in short order.
    • Up x 3
  8. TKBoom

Can't speak for the weapons but maxing the applicator should be the highest priority. You rez people at full health and don't have to do the medic dance nearly as long.
    • Up x 2
  9. Swordstriker

As an experienced medic I say get the applicator. 1. It will get you more certs then the rifle. 2. It revives people at 100% health, therefore allowing you to get allies up and into the action (and possibly to save your life) that much faster. 3. Medics are not well armored. They have to stay in the back so they can heal/revive everyone. If a squad loses their heavy, oh well just revive him. If you die, then your squad is pretty well screwed. Assuming you're the only medic in the squad of course.
  10. hansgrosse

I'm gonna have to mirror most of the other opinions in this thread. Applicator first.

The NC1 is an outstanding default gun, and will serve you well for as long as you choose to use it. You shouldn't be in any rush to replace it.
    • Up x 2
  11. Lockerius

I asked this question about two weeks ago. It is SOOOOOOOOO nice to have applicator 5, guys revive real quick. And you don't have to stand by and finish the heal when he gets up, which has resulted in a TON more 'drive-by revives.'
  12. Simferion

Wait for Med Tool level 6 and you'll get the real power!
    :cool:
  13. Serafine

You should indeed get the Med Tool 6 first. It does not only increase your res speed significantly but also almost doubles your res distance which is especially useful when reviving people around corners or through shields.
    The combination of both will allow you to revive people on driveby without stoping to walk in your intended direction. This will further increase your revive count and thus your XP income.
  14. BuggerRat

So, after reading this thread and having certs to spare I went ahead and got meself a lvl 6 haysus gun and rez grenades...I have never seen so much certs in so little time.
    • Up x 2
  15. NaySayer

Class survivability and special ability should always be upgraded first. Weapons come later.
    • Up x 2
  16. WTSherman

Definitely level 5 medi-tool. I got it recently on my NC medic, and that thing prints certs. Get into a good sized fight, and as long as you keep yourself alive you absolutely rake in EXP. 10 revives = 3 certs with no boosts, plus between rez ribbons and healing ribbons you'll max out your daily bonus in minutes.

Oh, and if you're in a medium-ranged fight a level 5 tool can out-heal a fairly decent amount of incoming fire. It's quite hilarious, especially if you're healing an HA with resist shield. There's probably more productive things you could be doing, but it's amusing watching an HA eat bullets like a MAX.
  17. Pikachu

Gun S is a cheap way to get certs. ;-)
  18. Epic High Five

applicator then get the Carnage, it's a beastly gun and much more versatile than the 22.

Both are good guns, of course, but the Carnage will grow with you more.

tbqh though if I had to do with again, I'd stick with my laser Gauss Rifle and get the revive grenades after maxing out the tool. Gauss Rifle is DAMN good and has no real weakness with the laser and with revive grenades you'll be swimming in a vault full of certs in tower fights and biolabs
  19. MorganM

Biggest no brainer in the history of mankind; soon you'll be kicking yourslef in the head ... if you don't max out your medic tool!

You can revive soooo much faster with the maxed out tool. All you do is switch to it, revive, switch back... DONE. There's no waiting for them to revive... then finish off healing them... THEN maybe switch back to your gun... oh wait you got killed while you were unarmed; neat.

XP will come faster
    Teamates won't rag on you for not fully healing them (if you do that; it does piss off many ppl)
    You'll die less because you'll have your weapon out more than your tool

WIN
    WIN
    WIN

You want to be winning right? =)
  20. Tobyowner

It is better to have a max out medic tool than a new gun. Because what is the point of having a low medic tool and a new assault rifle. What is the point of being a medic if you have a low medic tool.