Shotgun Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xind, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Xind

This is my first day back after the new patch and I've been puttering around with the alert system and the weapon changes.

Wow! First I'll state I'm a prolithic shotgun user. I loved them (not really, but I thought TR weapons were junk so common pool ho) and I still love them. The changes haven't really impacted me quite directly, but I have seen a lot of combat where the shotgun approaches a knowing target and he's able to strafe, dodge and react to cause the opponent to miss his hot stream of buckshot. It's great! It seems like they'd added a little more of a skill level to the shotgun weapons and decreased the slightly excessive range they enjoy.

The same can be said of the Scatter Max, it still shreds at point blank, but at 30m they can't just dump there clip to get you even though you're not in there effective range. They now have to AIM instead of filling the space between you and them with an indiscriminate amount of flak.

I've been enjoying more gun usage and variety even as I encounter many opponents utilizing their lil shotguns! Back pedal and strafe seems to be far more effective now and I feel like I can finally use weapons that aren't shotguns.

*shrug* I think this was a step in the right direction and the fire fights have been more fun. So kudos to shotgun nerfs. (From a guy with 8000 shotgun kills)