Shields Questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Amnoon, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Amnoon

Hi people. I have been playing Planetside 2 for a while, but always as infiltrator and Light Assault. Now i would like to start to play as HA because i like the power of the rocket launchers not only against vehicles, but also for clean rooms in CQC.

I have seen that the shields will take a delay so i really don't know what to improve. What option do you prefer right now? and in the future?

Thanks for the help!
  2. Trollakhiin

I always use the resist shields. It recharges a LOT faster than the other shields.
    It blocks 45% of all damarge you take instead of 100%, but it has no activation cost and you can use it every time, unlike the other shields because of their long recharge time.

I'd tell you to start with that shield, but you might also wanna try the other shields out. I personally don't love them as much as the resist shield, but you can give it a wirl.
  3. Ozade

Heavy is the most boring class to play because it carries the shield and the MLGYOLOPRO launcher as a primary weapon, it is a common misconception that it is the LMG is your main tool because every br 1-30 and his dog just runs around with his launcher instagibbing infantry at point blank....

In all seriousness though I got bored of heavy a while ago and I spend my time mainly as medic if I'm doing OPs with my outfit or infil if I fancy soloing now. They are more rewarding classes to play because typically ARs and Scoutrifles need you to be more accurate than LMGs due to mag capacity and the fact you don't have the shield as a crutch. Depends how you like playing, the heavy certainly has it's place on the battle field and I'll be interested to see how the shield changes will alter this.

If you are gonna role heavy then resist/adrenaline and ACS is what I would use paired with what ever 750/698 rpm LMG you have access to as a basic infantry killer. If you wanna clear a room do it with stlye not the launcher, cert the nade bandoleer and spam AV/Conc nades and slaughter all the dudes camped all cosy round a control point.
  4. Easir

The way I see it is: (Keep in mind these are my opinions and in no way "the only way to do things")

Nanite Mesh Generator: This overshield is the cheapest and probably easiest to use. Turn it on when under fire, and it may just save your life. Upgrading this will increase recharge rate, allowing you to absorb fire more often. Overall a very solid shield.
    Recommended Suit Slot: Nanoweave (for survivability) or Grenade Bandolier (for more conc nades)

Adrenaline Shield: The Adrenaline Shield is a straight upgrade from NMG - but for a price. This shield will run you over 2000 certs, a worthy (yet costly) investment. This shield is a base level 1 NMG with the added benefit of recharging your shield each time you kill someone. Upgrading this will increase the amount the shield recharges when you kill someone. You will only see the amazing-ness of this at the last two ranks, however. Regarded by many as the "best"
    Recommended Suit Slot: Nanoweave (for survivability) or Grenade Bandolier (for more conc nades)

Resist Shield: This shield is quite different from the two others. This gives you a 45% resist to damage when it is turned on. The uptime is incredibly good, with upgrades increasing this aspect. With little micromanaging, one can keep this shield up all the time in combat. Remember to activate this before going into combat. However, enemy fire cuts into your health quite a lot using this shield before you kill them. So you'll need a good amount of medkits or resto kits (or a medic in your pocket) to keep your health topped off. Nanoweave armour is worthless with this because it no longer stacks.
    Recommended Suit Slot: Advanced Shield Capacitor (for survivability) or Grenade Bandolier (for more conc nades)
    • Up x 1
  5. Amnoon

but with the new change, i think that the more useful is the Resist Shield no? Because you will need to activate your hability always before enter in combat so if you activate the NMG or the Adrenaline Shield there will be some time just losing DMG protection until you find the fight.
  6. TheBloodEagle

I use NMG because it's ready to go every time I need it. No need to wait a long time and I never just tank in one spot anyway. I try to be on the move but I never walk around with my shield on either. I turn it on when needed, turn it off and do something else. It's always ready for usage to give me that extra bit of defence.

I do not recommend Nanoweave with it. Nanoweave is useless really. It'll only help against basically 1 bullet, 2 max, at a distance. I recommend ACS more since having it up is much more effective. You'll have that 500 shield up plus NMG up & ready to go every time you move to a next position.