[Suggestion] Sheildgate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SimplifiedPhysics, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SimplifiedPhysics

Hello PS2 community!

I have never seen this on the forums,and pretty sure I'm the first to ask this, but why not implement the shieldgate mechanic? I think this would be a good feature, with the TTK so god damned low (I'm looking at you, SMGs and Sniper Rifles).

What is a shieldgate?

People who have played Mass Effect 3 have probably heard of the shieldgate mechanic, where if you hit a enemy with a Barrier or Shield hard enough (With a shotgun or sniper rifle), you break their shields to the point where you do damage to their health, but that damage is reduced (On difficulties such as Silver and lower, a 50% damage reduction, and Gold+ 75%). I think this could be implemented, but have a entire damage reduction or something around 80-90% reduction before you start doing full damage to their health.

Why do I want this?

A shieldgate mechanic would lower the TTK to a possibly respectable time, and would neuter the ****ingshotgunsAGHHHH weapons with a low TTK, and increase survivability and have people die less, possibly save lives.

Thanks for reading, even though this is moreso a rant but I think it would be a good feature!

****INGSHOTGUNS************