Share Your War Stories! [Video Contest]

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

Attention Soldiers!

We have fought many battles together, shared many victories, and commiserated over many defeats. Now, we would like to come together and celebrate #3Years3Empires. Join in the conversation by submitting a video of your favorite memory from playing PlanetSide 2, and you could win one of five amazing prizes!

[IMG]

What do I need to do?

Create a video, recommended length of no more than 0:30 seconds, sharing your favorite in-game memory from PlanetSide 2 and submit it to our contest site. This can be a diary/vlog, narration over in-game footage, a reenactment, or anything of your choosing! The judges will review videos for creativity, originality and presentation, and overall message, and will select the winners.

What can I win?

The Grand Prize winner will receive a GTX 980 video card, courtesy of Nvidia. First Place will receive a PlayStation 4™. Second Place will win a pair of Kraken Headphones, courtesy of Razer, AND a pair of Gunnar Optiks: Onyx VAYPER glasses. Third Place will receive a Daybreak Cash card valued at $50, and any Honorable Mentions will receive a $25 Daybreak Cash card.

When can I submit?

Submissions are open NOW through Wednesday, November 18th at 11:00PM Pacific Time.

How will I know if I win?

We’ll contact you via email, and we’ll also be sharing the winning entries on an upcoming PlanetSide 2 livestream!

Thank you for your service to your empire over the past three years. Now get out there and #MakeWarStories!

Please review the full legal rules on the contest site for more details. Contest is open to U.S. residents who are age 18 or older only.
    • Up x 3
  2. LorranGomes

Thanks Daybreak for this great event !:( [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  3. Razeroth

Sounds like fun! Oh...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  4. Iridar51

I was like: yes, yes, DO WANT! I'm SO making a video!

All until this line here:
    I know there's legal things you guys have to deal with, but honestly, you do know that there is indeed life outside US? That you do have dedicated fan base overseas? Why would you choose to deny us opportunity to even participate, even without any prizes?
    • Up x 6
  5. Naatyboy

EU players will really love this... Piss of Daybreak!
    • Up x 2
  6. Blake0921

I was honestly thinking about doing this, then I realized I can't TELL my story, I don't record every waking moment of Planetside 2.

I know, I know...if they made it so I could type my story it would surely be made up...yeah, right.
    • Up x 1
  7. FusselP0wner

Whos idea was that ?
    US Only, we live in 2015 and not 2010, be more world open, this is such bad marketing, its not even funny
    • Up x 3
  8. MaDiv

Please guys, before flaming like hell again about the contest not being available in the EU, read this tweet and think again. Thanks for your time and now post something constructive! :p
  9. BIllyGG

Great! I'll just head over and...

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  10. JobiWan

I read the tweet. It's BS. I like in the UK and there are plenty of companies that run competitions. A competition isn't gambling or a sweepstake. It's just an excuse.
  11. BlueOreo

I see that the official rules list that videos cannot be longer than 30 seconds, but it looks like half of the current entries are longer than that. Are those videos that are over 30 seconds going to be wholesale rejected? Is this a hard and fast rule? I know it reads as such, but I have a video that's over 30 seconds, which I would really like to share... :)
  12. Dj Gus

"Oh, EU laws prevent us from having such sweepstakes, blahblahblah..."
    Why not awarding (at least) ingame prizes, like some steam pack or anniversary bundle? Meeeeh...
    • Up x 2
  13. Iridar51

You can always edit and speed up the video a little.
  14. VXMorte

This is actually a good Idea.
    Maybe even a secondary competition for Non-USA players that have in-game awards?
  15. Dethleffs

16. Dexella Communications Manager

Hey there,

You don't have to have video footage from within PS2 to share your story. You can set up a camera and just talk straight to us. Or stage a reenactment with Legos. Or combine a bunch of cool screenshots into a slideshow and narrate over them. We're looking for creativity here, not a capture of the EXACT moment! :)

Hope that helps.

~Dexella
  17. Dexella Communications Manager

Thanks for this suggestion. We will consider it.

As many have noted above, we are limited by legal restrictions that make this contest US only. However, we may be able to set something up that is open to a much broader audience. I will bring it up with the team.
    • Up x 2
  18. Noooooch

[IMG]

I wanna submit a vid too, am a resident of Guam, US. Also, 30 seconds is so short!
    • Up x 1
  19. Dexella Communications Manager

Hi there,

You can go ahead and share the video, but be aware, the judges have set the 0:30 recommendation, and it may factor in to your overall score.

The full submission requirements and judging criteria can be found in the official legal rules here: http://daybreakgames.votigo.com/sections/showcontestrules/PlanetSide-2-Third-Anniversary-Contest

We'll update the article and description so it shows that 0:30 is a recommendation, not a hard and fast limit.

Thanks,
    Dexella
  20. FliegerPanzer

I live outside USA, but I have address in USA, which means, I cant still participate? So I got address from company which ships things from USA to my country. Well next time, consider this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.