Server Transfers, for the sake of ping let me do it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NinjaTurtle, Feb 28, 2015.

1. NinjaTurtle

Please let me transfer servers I will pay many smed bucks for the priviledge.

I am based in the UK I play on Emerald because US prime time is better for me due to my working hours. For most of my PS2 playing time my ping was fine floating somewhere around 100ms - 130ms

However with the continuing degrading of the servers it is becomming impossible to even play. I am lucky if I can get a decent connection.

I can however get a very good connection to Miller around 30ms and it only spikes to 60-70. I have a very low VS and TR character on this server but I do not want to start all over again with a new character.

Please just offer transfers. You have the ability, when you merge servers you are just transfering a players data from one place to another so you can do it... you are just choosing not to

Why are you so against offering players a way to try and fix their connection issues?

I know many people are having issues with the EU servers but I am having very good connection

If you can't fix your servers offer us a transfer. For the love of god
    • Up x 1
  2. Stigma

<inset joke about how you are more likely to get better ping on the american servers than on Miller these days here>

But yea, character transfers for some reasonable amount of station cash should be possible. It's been talked about before, and I don't understand why nothing has ever come of it. From a technical aspect it can't be a very hard thing to do - it's just a database entry that needs to be copied somewhere (or possibly even just have a server reference swapped).

I didn't know that US servers were having issues too. I thought it was mainly EU having the crippling packetloss issues. I don't understand how the server situation has deteriorated so badly. AFAIK there hasn't been some huge influx of players, so they can't be under much greater strain than before...

-Stigma
  3. Rhaegal

Nobody should pay for this. It's not like you picked "pinkie" for you character name and now you want 'BigMaximus'. You were fine playing on US servers, and probably still is but then the connection issues showed up. If anything, you should get compensation.
  4. FateJH

Can't you just make a character on Miller?
  5. NinjaTurtle

So you are suggesting I spend 40 days to get to get back to where my current main character is instead of SOE/DBG taking 40 seconds to transfer my characters data from one server to another?

In those 40 days I had 12 months membership (50% xp boost and numerous other xp boosts) and have spend £300 on PS2 so I have a financial investment in my current main

They have the ability to transfer, they had to do so when they merged servers.

This shouldn't even be an issue
  6. Wafflepancake

Anything you bought with SC save for items like scope/extended mags; will be available on any character you make on any server :x
    So only things you would loose are those items you bought with certs. Which in many cases will just be time.
  7. NinjaTurtle

I have used everything up and my membership is over. Unless they want to give me free membership for 12 months to compensate me for not providing a server that works.

"Which in many cases will just be time - Just want to clarify 40 days total, 960 hours over 2 years that is a lot of time for me to reinvest when I work and have a family to look after..... I do not want to be watining till 2017 to where I am now

Still that is a moot point. Transfers should be readily available at this stage. There are only 5 servers left