server population

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x360pc, Aug 12, 2018.

1. x360pc

bring some order to the chaos that is server population, which one would you join,33%28%39%, i joined my 28% and get base *****,why would anyone want to play this unbalanced garbage.increase by bullet damage please and allow some order in this developer made chaos.
  2. FateJH

Fighting as the deficient population is good for forcing oneself to develop strategic gameplay mindset and develop strong ties with other players in one's faction. I still consider PC Helios's average 20% TR population to have produced some of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in this game.

(I would join whichever faction I actually use on that particular server as I have a self-imposed one faction per server rule.)
  3. saronyogg

Imbalance population is a pain in the ***.
    I would suggest.
    a) Spawn an ANT and farm cortium to fill silos, some of them have orbitals, so that could help
    b) infiltrator mode, either with stalker or regurlar with SMG, and hunt some preys.
    c) Spawn a repairer sunderer, and RUN AROUND ALLIED VEHICLES

Of course all of this asumes you GIVE UP FIGHTING and focus in SUPPORTING.
  4. DeadlyOmen

5. Towie

...not a bad idea - I play all three factions on the same server with very similar toon names and i've been caught out ("hey, didn't you kill me as NC earlier ? Errr well...")
  6. Bansheedragon75

I would very much like to see you come up with an effective, hell I settle for a workable strategy, against an enemy that outpops you by 2 to 1 and can beat any strategy you come up with using sheer numbers.

Playing as VS on Emerald, it's not that long since I encountered exactly this situation.
    NC and TR had around 40% population each where as VS had less than 20%, and the number for both TR and NC was fluctuating up and down with VS remaining stable.
    On top of that they were double teaming us leaving us with nothing to do but watch them take one territory after another and at it's lowest point we were at 9% territory control.

And it's not the first time I see a faction with a major population advantage like that and people are for some reason still able to join the faction despite a system that is supposed to prevent that,in fact I see it happen a lot.
    That suggests to me that either the system is not working as intended or more likely people have found a way to circumvent the system and join the vastly overpop faction anyway.
  7. AlcyoneSerene

I had enough of consistent low VS pop and simply made a TR on those days where numbers are extremely low. That is always an option.

Not in favor of artificial power boosts to underpop faction whatsoever, but much more bonus XP would help than what is given now.
  8. PoopDatGame OUT!

honestly i don't even look at the population crap..i just play the stinking game.
    • Up x 3
  9. JibbaJabba

Even if you join the overpop faction you'll find yourself outnumbered in asymmetrical fights. It's the nature of the game.

Apply a bit of Sun Tzu man. A smaller nimble force can F up a zerg.
    • Up x 1
  10. gunnner10

It seems this is already a thing in this game. Depending on pop, territory control and alert history, factions get a boost. I believe Wrel addressed this in one of his videos
  11. AlcyoneSerene

That would be extremely irritating if it's true, and I hope Wrel reconsiders in the interest of fair balanced gameplay.

Skill & strategy (even if it means zerging/overpop) need to be rewarded, not artificial fluff.

Address underpop in other ways, make the faction more attractive, give better rewards for fighting with consistently low numbers on losses, but don't destroy fair fights - it is not fun being OP or fighting artificial OP.
  12. Towie

...DBG have gone to considerable lengths to balance equipment overall (to varying degrees of success) so inevitably, the 'fairest' fights are with equal populations.

A population deficit is a very serious disadvantage (zerging and overpop are not what i'd call skillful).

They've had XP bonus for a long time and that clearly hasn't fixed the problem.

They had hard three way population restrictions which did create a balance - and left lots of people angrily stuck on Koltyr.

So what else is left ? They need to try something new.
  13. AlcyoneSerene

Not skillful I agree, but it is strategic as power in numbers at the risk of leaving other areas underpop, or simply having too many for the task meaning a waste of resources. Playing a chosen faction adds to that strategy of power in numbers.

It is a serious disadvantage no doubt. If the total game population was higher, such differences wouldn't be significant as there'd be more likely to have players online from each faction at any given time, and being down a few would not change a whole lot.

When grossly underpop for days weeks and months, that's what I find a major problem, but breaking game balance as a way to deal with it is not fun for anyone.

XP bonus should be increased a lot more, followed by new free cosmetic options, new faction gear, new faction mechanics that are fun to use, and I bet that will drive more people to play that faction more. That's partly why I also play TR, since they do have some very unique faction gear and really amazing lore and cosmetics.
  14. PlanetBound

If you are warp gated you can put down a stealth sundy out of the way and be persistent. The other factions eventually have to defend their own territory. Take it as a challenge to outsmart the others and have a teammate plant another sundy at the next base.
  15. UrielSeptimIV

The problem with VS is that not much players want to play hollow faction. TR and NC have rich history while VS have almost no coverage in the lore.
    TR tries to protect colonies from corporate slavery or indoctrination and bring order to what remains from humanity.
    NC want to have freedom from oppresion and free market (Ironic, considering that it is their fault why martial law was imposed in the first place after terrorist attack and murder of President Connery).
    VS want to enlighten the humanity. What is enlightenment? What do Vanu want? Will we ever know?
    • Up x 1
  16. topgunsmurf

simple boost the health of the faction with the lowest pop by the amount of the other pops with more.
    also give them ALLOT more XP to make people wish to log in on alt IDs to level up their avatars :)
    • Up x 1
  17. UrielSeptimIV

You mean, give them straight advandtage? Am I allowed to say that VS have the biggest winrate in continent lockdown already?
    Also VS already have canis, starfall and tank that can evade damage in the right hands and new implant that directly buffs VS heat-based wapons.
    Can TR or NC have an implant that directly imrove mag size of chainguns or shotguns when killing a player? No. Only VS is allowed to have one.
  18. PoopDatGame OUT!

This is correct its kinda like your playing football and a streaker comes out on the the field and jsut messes everything up for a certain amount of time.
  19. x360pc

ok guys,few weeks here now,server pop needs to be limited to 33% per faction.lock it down dev plz.simple maths.im not spending money on this game to be over run by a percentage fail.NC float at around 40% most of the time.dominate just by numbers you cant possibly win.guys please push 33% faction limit to the devs.thx.
  20. UrielSeptimIV

My favorite faction is TR. I have a lot of weapons, cert upgrades, implants on my main TR. Why should I change my account on VS or NC in order to play faction that I don`t like?