Server Maintenance for Game Update Sep 26th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Sep 25, 2014.

1. ddraig

Yet More Fail
  2. Borsty

So, the September update is coming tomorrow, or is it being rebranded to October update?
  3. ddraig

gah stupid time limits - the edit failed, so here we go, as a new post

Yet More Fail

EDIT:

Okay, seeing as how it is the 29th, and the whole thing has been pushed back to make it the Not-Really-September-At-All Patch: do you think you jokers could post a finalised list of what is going in the patch?

And post it here? With a correct date?

- the update on the 26th was mentioned on the launcher, and the link *there* took us to a page *here* which linked another page *here* which mentioned a date of the 29th, not the 26th

- now it is the 29th and the game is down, with no mention on the launcher (the only place where *every single person who plays the game* is likely to see announcements) and a mention in-game 15 minutes before the server went down. Yay. And no mention as to what it is actually *about* - unless it is the announcement for the 29th (today) .... but isn't that what the update for the 26th linked to?

Do you see my point?

Posting accurate information here HAS to be the EASIEST part of creating planetside 2 and yet it is regularly broken.

so: can we PLEASE get a definitive answer on what is going in the update, and when it will be coming? You have ONE more day left in September, for the "September Update".
  4. htmlboss

Tell me about it. I logged in today and my LA mastery directive was ****** up. Yesterday I had finished 3/5 of the requirements for it and now there is only 1 "complete", with another as 1382/1200 Kills o_O. Come one SOE, do your damn jobs (this is also why I don't pay for freemium, they can't get anything right in terms of damage control).

[IMG]
  5. Megalegs

If that was the directive fix update it's broken way more than it's fixed for me. If not, here's hoping it works with today's loss as well when it comes.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bin4ryW4rrioR

The objectives section is broken showing for example 362 facility captures of 300 and not complete.. as for the rest in the most part I see no real increase or ina any case in the important ones where I took note before this update. e.g. launcher kills, heavy kills, max kills.
    • Up x 1
  7. SirPepsi

Jupp! I can confirm that. Wanted to go for the Auraxium knife. There were only 2 killstreak ribbons outstanding. Now, it tells me I also need about 500 more headshot kills (again)! In addition.. there is a drawback of counts in almost every kill related directive section.
    Looks like I wont get my knife today -.-
    • Up x 2
  8. Megalegs

They've said they're investigating this on technical support.
    • Up x 1
  9. htmlboss

I don't give a **** what they "investigate". Fix it. It should not have been broken in the first place.
  10. Bixli

..i saw that coming.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bixli

..if not ever.
  12. SirPepsi

Sad but (hopefully not) true.
  13. SirPepsi

Good news! I got my ribbons and the knife. Seems like the current show directive process is not the one that is somehow somewhere remembered by the server.. I have no idea how it works, but it works. Got my knife. I am happy. Good bye.
    • Up x 1
  14. Megalegs

I hereby declare no responsibility for anything to do with Planetside 2's production. Your opinion is noted however. Thanks for your feedback. I'll do what I can.
    • Up x 1
  15. htmlboss

• Up x 1
  16. Megalegs

Pleasure.

BTW the f-up is apparently due to a naughtie "second table" misbehaving.

It will be told off, and the good first table promoted, on Tuesday morning.

Whose morning and which Tuesday are obviously open to interpretation.
    • Up x 1