Server Downtime for Patch February 13, 2014 6 AM PT

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 12, 2014.

1. nooblet91698

another 30 minutes according to SOE until the servers come back up :D
  2. themayorofspace

HECK YEAH
  3. XeliasX123

it was a joke... but last time it took 5 h
  4. blueangleofdeath

@XeliasX123 You're welcome!! If you're new to using AMS there red and white circles on the mini map. As long as you're not in the red or white circles you can deploy your sundy. Hope it helps.
    • Up x 2
  5. themayorofspace

0_0 do you know how many comments I would make if it took 5 hours?
  6. nooblet91698

yep, but this is a small patch compared to the others, and SOE only announced a few problems about giving back certs to members, so it should be over quickly ;)
  7. themayorofspace

yay! back to getting run over by Harassers!
  8. Cromell

Servers already have status "locked" so they should be opening them up any minute now. ^^
  9. Kiwi Apple

When I launch the game it dose not come up with my characters it comes up as if i have just logged in for the first time.
  10. themayorofspace

Wow, I can actually get to that screen. *Windows+D* *Waits*
  11. tutle64

for all of you complaining about how op infiltrators are now, think about it this way. take a class that isnt heavy with a darklight flashlight, shine it at the infy, and they have no chance. first off they have the least health for an infantry class, and second they must uncloak BEFORE they can shoot, giving YOU the advantage.

also, can infiltrators use the darklight flashlights too? cuz that would be funny yet weird if you dropped your gun and the light lit you up
  12. Shiller

Can't say I'm too thrilled about this update. Infiltrators are already difficult to spot (and I play on the highest graphics settings). When the opposing team is defending, they often have time to infiltrate the enemy lines and get themselves some kills before anybody reacts. Now they're even harder to spot.

The new flashligt is a good addition, but honestly, I've never seen anyone equip a flashlight on their weapon. Even with the change it's still not a good tool - it gives away your position too easily, you'll have to keep it turned off unless you suspect there is an infiltrator somewhere. I doubt it will change gameplay very much.
  13. tutle64

sorry, any class that at all, idk why i said that isnt heavy
  14. KrumBG

PS2 totally lost Europe. FFS for once make that downtime not in Europe's main hours!
  15. tutle64

i give up i cant grammar today
  16. OldGuyAndy

PLEASE NOTE:
    The following is intended as satire and should be read as such ;)

Timing SOE Dev! Timing! :eek:

As a guy who gets kicks out of being invisible, this update makes me very, very happy, but WHY OH WHY must you release this the day before Valentines! ?!?!

As a long-time married man, this is devastatingly terrible timing! You see??? Great looking update right before a weekend I should be spending more time with my wife. And yes, I have tried repeatedly to get her to play too, but no luck;)

Seriously though, looks good!
    • Up x 2
  17. IDC_

you don't need to spend certs.
    i don't play infil much (1% of my time), mostly to spam some recon darts to help my mates to retake the capture points.
    on monday i did this too and did some shots:
    killed 4 running enemies within 100 seconds with the starter TR rifle 99SV. without holding breath just scoped and spraying bullets . bang-bang-bang-reload.

100% headshot kills.

i felt like i was using an aimbot.
  18. themayorofspace

See, this is what happens when I don't have a video game to play. I get comment happy. Just look at youtube. Jeez, I destroyed it.
  19. BravoDown

I run graphics on high settings on my desktop PC and I can easily see infiltrators from 100 meters away, you just have to know what to look for. My TR heavy with chaingun is the bane of infiltrators.
  20. VogonPoetMaster

Exactly how does the motion spotter work? Can it be reapplied or is it a one-shot deal?